23 November 2009

It Must Be a "Male" Thing

So, most evenings, as I change the boys into their pajamas (or make them nakie for baths), I hand them the clothes I took off of them, and tell them to put them in the frog (their hamper). They then run to their room, turn on the light, and put their clothes in the frog. Or so I thought.

Apparently, my boys have that special "male gene" where clothes make it everywhere but the hamper/laundry basket. Josh also has this gene. I think all men do. They all have that uncanny ability to get their clothes to land mere millimeters next to the hamper, but not actually in the hamper. Sometimes, they get close, and manage to get their clothes to hang on the hamper without actually going all the way into the hamper.


Sigh. What the picture doesn't show though, are the socks and shirt that somehow landed behind the frog, even though the frog is pressed up against the wall. That's right. My boys have skills. Lucky, lucky me.

5 comments:

Quixotic Iconoclast said...

I can confirm that neither of my sons can get clothes into a basket, nor can I. It is a man thing.

Julie Danielle said...

LOL That's funny. Are you guys going to find out the sex of the new baby?

summer said...

and yet when they play ball they are always trying to get it in the goal...

Aubrey Lynn said...

I think you may be right Beth - this looks like a shot of Evan's closet! Only, the clothes are much smaller of course.

Miss Hannah said...

Have you tried the "if it's not IN the hamper it does not get washed" trick?