30 November 2008

I Did It!


I made it through NaBloPoMo! I blogged every single day this month. I guess that makes me a NaBloPoMoMoFo. (I hope that doesn't offend anyone.) It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe I will just keep going and see how long I can make it. Maybe I'll sign up for Blog 365. Or maybe I won't. I guess we will see.


I ALSO ventured forth into my first ever "Black Friday" shopping foray. Now, I did not get up at the butt crack of dawn to wait on any lines, and I didn't really push and/or shove to get to the "greatest deals". I went to the Wal-Mart across the street after the boys were in bed. I am guessing I missed most of the rush. Oh, it was still a little on the crazy side, but then, it is Lawton, Oklahoma. However, I did get about half of my Christmas shopping done the forty-five minutes I was there. Score!


AND, I went to a movie. In the theaters. In the evening. Whoa. Joni and I went and saw "Four Christmases" last night. I thought the movie was pretty darn funny. Definitely on the predicatble side, but it was a fun, romantic comedy, Christmas movie. Vince Vaughn just kills me and I think Reese Witherspoon is fantastic. So, if you're looking for something to see and you don't want anything that'll make you think too hard, but is funny enough to keep you laughing throughout most of it without going the raunchy/gross humor route I would recommend this movie. And now that I have turned from blog post to movie review column entry, I think I will end this.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Congrats! I'm considering Blog 365 but man... a whole year of this? That would be pretty intense. I don't know. I need to think about it some more.

Love the cartoon! Don't mess with grandmas, yo!

xoxo
Lin

Anonymous said...

Yea, Beth!
I have really enjoyed reading your blog all month. We've never met but I have to admit to feeling connected with you and your beautiful boys! I know my daughter and granddaughter are very blessed to have you as friends.
I hope we can meet someday.
Vera (Lily's Gramma)

Sara said...

yay! We are going to see Beth and Co in January!

Oh yeah... and I LOVED reading Beth's posts all month. Just think Beth, if you start Blog 365 right now you will already be down31 days....