07 November 2008

My Sweet Helper

This post is going to contain a lot of bragging. Just to let y'all know. My eldest son has become quite the helper lately. I don't know when exactly it started happening, or why, but Zeke is just looking for things to help out with all day long. He starts the day by unplugging his night light for me. Then he helps me get his juice cup together. After juice and milk (for Deacon) are all set up he goes and gets Deacon up. While I pick Deacon up from his bed, Zeke unplugs Deacon's night light. He helps me get him dressed by getting his socks for me. He helps me throw away the dirty diapers. He turns the lights on for me if they need turning on.

This Sunday, I went food shopping. When I got home, Zeke came outside (he can open the doors if we leave them unlocked), walked up to me and took one of the bags I was carrying and brought it inside for me. I almost cried, it was so sweet. But it's things like that that he's been doing a lot of lately.


He's also started carrying on little conversations. Yesterday we were wrestling, and it would go like this. I would sit on the floor, he would run at me and knock me over. I'd go, "Oh no! You got me!" Then he would get up and look at me all seriously and say, "You alright Momma?" And I'd say, "I'm alright. Are you alright?" He'd go, "Yeah, I'm alright." Then I'd sit up and we'd do it all again. It's fabulous. He also has gotten very good at saying "You're welcome" anytime I thank him for helping or for anything really. Even if I'm being a little sarcastic, like, "Thanks for stepping on my foot with your sneakers on Zeke." "You're welcome" he'll say. It's too cute.


He's really been doing so much better with his words. He still tells a lot of stories using his "Zeke speak", but more and more he's throwing "real" words out there, and really getting the hang of conversations and social things of the like. It has been so much fun watching him lately. He is turning into my little man.


OH! And he's starting to get association. The Starlings came over for dinner on Sunday and when the walked in, Zeke pointed at Jim and said, "Hammie dada." I said, "That's right. That is Sammie's daddy." Then, on Monday, we were out for a walk, and Jim drove past on his motorcycle and as he did he waved and yelled, "Hi Zeke!" Zeke looked, pointed and said, "Hammie dada." THEN on Tuesday, we were playing in the backyard and we heard a motorcycle drive down the street and Zeke looked at me and said, "Hammie dada." Yay!


And if all that's not enough, as you can see in this picture, he is quite the ladies man.

3 comments:

Ells said...

So stinkin' cute! Can't wait to see your boys (and you) again!

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a good little man, helpin' out his mama! You go, Zeke.

And that Hammie Starling, what a cutie! Did you arrange the bride-price yet? Because those two kids make one seriously cute little picture together. So adorable!

xoxo
Linda

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! Glad Zeke's helping out and knowing his words better. Sounds like things are going well over there :) I miss you all!
-Kirsten