10 November 2008

Ahh...Saturday

This past Saturday was a good day. Josh got up with the boys so I could sleep in. I slept in until 8:30. Sweet. When I got up, Josh had already made chocolate chip pancakes and there were still some left for me. Score! The boys behaved well and I took them for a little walk after their morning naps. Of course, we didn't get very far because we walked past the Starling's house and wound up playing inside their house. Oh well. It was fun all the same, and the Starling's are so gracious to let us just crash their house whenever we go out for a walk. I guess I should start going the other direction.


During their afternoon naps I went food shopping by myself and listened to Rusted Root on my iPod while shopping. Groovy. When I got home, I found that Josh had cleaned up while I was out. He's such a good man. Of course, as I was setting down the first load of groceries on the counter Josh said, "Um. Don't look." Which, of course, meant I looked. And what did I see? This guy right here:



That's right. There was a little scorpion in our house. IN OUR HOUSE! I stayed calm...relatively calm anyways. But Josh looked them up on the internet and according to the internet (and we all know how reliable a source that is) the scorpions here in Oklahoma are not deadly. Getting stung by one of them is the same as getting stung by a bee or wasp. The snakes here on the other hand...

Moving along. After unloading the groceries and getting the boys up from their naps, we walked them back over to the Starling's house. Jim and Joni are awesome, and to thank us for watching Ani for two weeks while they were in California awhile back, the got us a gift certificate to Olive Garden with a night of baby-sitting included! Wahooie! So, we dropped the boys off with Joni and boogied over to the Olive Garden. We got there at 4:50 and there was already a wait. But it was worth the wait. We ate and talked and laughed and had a great time. Thank you Jim and Joni!

We picked the boys up after we got home from dinner, put them into bed, and just relaxed the rest of the evening WoWing. It really was a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shan't be visiting even if they are friendly scorpions

evan :(

Anonymous said...

Darlin' I don't want to make you nervous but scorpions normally come in pairs. Keep an eye out for the other one. Deadly or not, I'm sure you don't want to be bitten. Check your shoes before you put them on.

Whoo Olive Garden! Whoo free babysitting! Glad you could ahve a night out; that is teh awesome.

xo
Linda

Ells said...

Olive Garden sounds like fun!

I am laughing as I imagine you running for your camera to document everything. But it sure makes for an entertaining blog!

Anonymous said...

what did you do with the scorpion??? and do you see snakes randomly in the backyard?

glad you had a fun date night :)

-kirsten

summer said...

Don't you love those days? and good for you to post about it! Sounds like a great day to me.
uh scorpions yuk!