11 November 2008

The One Where Amanda Bynes, Eric Bana, and "Chuck" All Make an Apperance

Last spring, I taught/facillitated/led/whatever a class at PWOC. Almost every week, to kick off class I would pass around a little red box that was in the shape of a Chinese food container (like rice comes in). Inside of this box were 35 or so strips of paper. Each piece of paper had a random question on it - anything from "What's your favorite Jelly Belly flavor?" to "If you were invisible where would you go?" to "What trend today do you least understand?" The point of the questions was to get the ladies talking and sharing with each other.

One of the questions I pulled (yes, I played along too, what kind of leader would I be otherwise?) at one time was "If your life was made into a movie, who would play you?" Now, if you know anything about me, you know that I have a pretty extensive knowledge of actors and actresses, and movies. I just love that stuff. So, I was uber-excited to get this question. Who would play me if my life was made into a movie? I thought about it for a minute and came up with this lady right here:


That's right, I picked Amanda Bynes. I think she's the cutest thing ever, and I enjoy everything I've seen her in. Okay, I did think she was a little obnoxious when she started out on "All That" but she's grown and matured, and she just cracks me up. I was reminded of this question and my choice last week when I watched "She's the Man". After the movie was over I told Josh how I picked Amanda Bynes to play me, and he asked, "Well, who would play me then?" Hmm...

I had never thought of that. So I jokingly offered the kid who played the guy she liked in the movie, and Josh did not approve. "He's too dorky" was Josh's reply. Okay then. He then suggested Eric Bana...

Umm...I love you, baby, but umm...no. I was able to veto Eric on the premise that if Amanda was playing me, the actor playing him would have to be someone closer to her in age, and Eric Bana was just a smidge too old for Amanda. Whew! HOWEVER, I then suggested "Chuck"...


And all was right and beautiful in the world. Wouldn't that just be the greatest? A movie about my life, starring Amanda Bynes as me, and Zachary Levi as Josh? As I told all of this to Linda, she had the best response (and sorry if I'm stealing your comment here, Lin). She said, "I would totally go see that. And I wouldn't go to the matinee to save a few bucks either. I'd go prime time and pay the full $10 to see that." She sure knows how to make a girl feel good.

Now, who would play you if your life was made into a movie?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'd love to go see that movie too. i think amanda bynes would portray you well.
-kirsten

Ells said...

I bet you could write the script, too, Beth! It would be a witty, hilarious film with some kind of joyful message shining through. Or whatever! You can write what you want. :)

AND a leader who participates in the activities herself is the best kind... I bet you're a fabulous Young Life leader. :)

Sara said...

oh, oh, can I have Eva Mendes play me?

Paula said...

Perfect. I'd love to see it. Ha, Ha!

What about Doug and Carrie from King of Queens? There aren't many actors out there who have it together enough to play us. What do you think?

Embrace the Circus said...

Your question has me completely stumped, Beth. Really, what actress could capture the chaos that is me trying to raise my little family? I'll let you know if I figure it out!

Anonymous said...

Beth you've got to go with Milla Jovovich...i recomend looking at the cover of Resident Evil, the resemblance is uncanny...for josh, maybe not an actor, but Micheal Phelps

Evan

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh great choice. I LOVE her, and she seems really sweet in real life. Did you see her in Sydney White? I thought it was pretty much the cutest movie ever.
-Steph

Anonymous said...

And I stand by my comment, I would totally go see that in evening! especially if we could get the babysitter to come early and have dinner beforehand. That would be sweet!

And I think Eva Mendes would make a great Sara, too.

xo
Linda