27 November 2008

A Bird of a Different Kind

Let me being by saying, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there! I hope you all had (have) a fabulous day. I know I did.

This morning we went over the Starling's house for brunch. Joni made delicious homemade cinnamon rolls and a fruit salad. The kids played, we all ate and talked. It was nice. After we got home, I put in a little video for the boys (it was a little on the early side to start their naps) and gave them a small snack. Once they were down for their naps I started on the bird.


The duck to be exact. That's right, this Thanksgiving we did things a little differently here in Walterland. Instead of a turkey, we had a duck. A delicious duck. A duck stuffed with apples and onions and covered in strips of bacon. Also, it was just me and my men folk. Just the four of us. No one else. It was so nice. We ate at our normal dinner time, we gave the boys baths, then we started our new family Thanksgiving Day tradition of watching "Madame Blueberry" (it's the VeggieTale all about being thankful), and put the boys in bed. Now Josh is finishing up the cleaning and I am here blogging, thinking about the cup of tea I'm going to make once I'm finished. Ahh...a most successful Thanksgiving if ever there was one.

*I posted a picture of the duck and of Deacon's belly here. The rest are on Flickr, here.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I heart Madame Blueberry!