26 November 2008

Another Toothy Entry

Who knew one could blog so much about teeth? Maybe this is the last of it though. Maybe not. Only time will tell. On that note, my poor baby is teething. Wow! And stinky! Good thing Josh is home to take care of that one. Anyhoo...Deacon is teething. He is currently working on teeth 9-12, all four of them being molars. Just look at how miserable they make him...


We all know how much Deacon likes to eat, right? Well, this was taken yesterday morning. I think he ate maybe one of those apple slices. Poor baby. He spent all morning (besides the 15 minutes he sat at the table) in my arms. Oh how he did WAIL if I tried to put him down. At least he napped well. He did perk up at the dentist's office though. And he's been doing better since then. It was just a rough morning, and it's been rough sleeping (or not sleeping) the last few nights.

Now Zeke, on the other hand, has been cracking me up the past few days. He has developed a little bit of a runny nose. He used to come to me with his nose in the air, sniff really big, and wait for me to wipe his nose. Sometimes he'd find a tissue and do it himself. Then he decided in the last two days that he couldn't really be bothered with that and started using his sleeve. Yuck. Now, just starting this evening, he has started walking over to me, inspecting my hands, and selecting a specific finger to stick into his nose. Oh yeah. Thaaaat's sweet.

He has also started doing this every morning...


Yup. My little man likes to "read" the cereal box during breakfast. Sometimes lunch. I think he tells me stories about what's going on, but you know. Occassionally he'll burst out laughing at something he sees on the box. It is pretty funny.

He has also started that phase where he wants whatever any other kid (namely Deacon and Sammie) is playing with. This morning, for example, Zeke was happily playing with his Thomas trains, which Deacon was trying to take from him. So I gave Deacon some cars to play with so he'd leave Zeke alone. Next thing I knew Zeke was crying because he wanted the cars I had given to Deacon. I tried to give him two different cars, but they weren't good enough I guess. So Deacon decided he wanted the new cars and I gave Zeke the cars Deacon had been playing with that he just cried over wanting so badly. What happened next? Zeke started crying because he wanted the cars Deacon was playing with now. I mean, really, is all that necessary? I guess when you're 2 going on 3 it is.

But both boys are incredibly sweet, and usually pretty giving with their kisses (especially when they're for Mommy). In case you can't tell, I love these guys...

1 comment:

Ells said...

Oh, Beth, I love your stories about the boys! Can't wait to see them again!