16 November 2008

It's Our Turn!

So, after everyone left Schweinfurt (besides me), there would be the occasional "get together"/"reunion" type of thing with our friends from Schweinfurt. Usually in the Ft. Bragg area. After said reunion, those who were there would blog/email about the awesomly awesome time they all had getting together again. Yet, there were always two of us missing from these gatherings - Joni and me. So Joni and I would get the blogs and emails and then we'd call each other and say things like, "It must be nice being able to see your friends again. Too bad we weren't there" and the like.

WELL, yesterday, Joni and I drove the three hours to Dallas, Texas to meet up with Jenn Wake and Suzanne and David Mikkelson (who were all down there for a PWOC conference), and we had our own little mini-Schweinfurt reunion! Yay us!
And yes, we are standing in height order like a bunch of nerds. I promise you it was unintentional though.
Now, here's something random, but SO great. I went to the bathroom at one point. That's not the random/great part. Upon returning from the bathroom, I walked past a woman who looked rather familiar to me. I sat down, looked at Joni and said, "Does anyone remember what Kristen Toth's mom looks like? I think that lady in the red jacket is her." So we all looked, no one knew for sure, and Jenn said, "I'll take care of it." I informed her Kristen's mom's name is Mrs. Chandler, and so Jenn walked over and asked her, "Is your last name Chandler?" She said yes, turned around to the rest of us, and I jumped up saying (rather loudly - but not quite yelling), "You're Kristen Toth's mom!" Well, she is just fabulous, as you can tell by the picture.


I also met a woman whose hubby is stationed at Ft. Richardson, Alaska, where we are heading in February, and so she and I talked for a good fifteen or so minutes. Now I am SUPER excited to be heading out there.

After sitting on the hotel couches for four or so hours it was time for those attending the PWOC conference to have dinner, so Jenn handed me her ID card, handed Joni Suzanne's ID card, and off we all went to dinner. Then I got busted by a woman from our PWOC, who thought it was great that we drove down for the day, but says she's going to call me "Jennifer" on Thursday and let me explain to everyone why. Sweet.


After dinner, it was time to hit the road and head back home. Oh, and by the way, Josh was absolutely AWESOME and watched ALL THREE KIDS the entire day. Jim had a field thing so he couldn't help, but Josh volunteered so Joni could go unencumbered. Isn't he greatest? Jim did make it home way earlier than expected, so that was nice too, but HURRAY for Josh, for doing it and surviving. And hurray for us for getting to see our fabulous friends again. We love you guys, and we miss all of you. Anyone else coming to the area anytime soon?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, sweet! I'm so glad you had a chance to go hang out with all your homies! You and Joni look awesome by the way. (SO does everyone else but you know, you and Joni are the ones I really love.)

xo
Linda

Embrace the Circus said...

I'm jealous! I miss those ladies so much... I'm glad you and Joni had such great day, though. Good for you! And way to go, Josh!

Ells said...

Hooray all the way around! We had some CA ladies at that conference too, and I forgot that they were all convening so close to you. What a great reunion!

Julie Danielle said...

How fun! I bet it would be great fun to see my Germany friends in the states again :)

Paula said...

Fun, fun, fun. A few Cadence women went to that conference and I actually considered it. I didn't know all of you would be there!

Anonymous said...

Aw sounds like you had a great time. And Josh is great, so nice of him to watch the kids. and thats awesome you met someone with relation to AK. :)
-Kirsten

Anonymous said...

did you know you and joni were sorta matching that night?
-Kirsten

JStar said...

I'm just gonna leave another comment on your blog to add to the 7 comments you already got. You should check out my blog and see the 1 comment I've got tallied up so far! But being competitive, my comment is from Marie and you don't have one from her yet. Hehehe. I guess when you blog every hour or so you're destined to get more comments than me. Hehehe. By the way, sorry about any lunch confustion today...I forgot we talked about it and took Jim out for lunch. See you at MOPs tomorrow!

KToth said...

Hey, that's my mom on your blog! Funny! I'm glad you (Jen) introduced yourselves to her. She's so crazy... Too bad it wasn't me. Jealous of your reunion, glad you got to get together. When are you leaving the lower 48, again?

Anonymous said...

Hi there.
I love it that PWOC ladies always find their friends at these events.
I found this blog on a Google search for PWOC blogs. Hope you and yours are blessed in tremendous ways in 2009.

Melinda Hemphill
PWOCI 3VP (and I was local Pres. in Schweinfurt, 1996-97)