27 January 2011

Oh, That Youngest Walter Boy

Do you see this face?


This face is the face Finn makes every time I tell him "No" or "Stop". Yeah, disciplining this one as he gets older is going to be rough.

* * * * *

The other day, after coming in from getting Zeke off of the bus, I came upstairs to find Finn under the table. This isn't a terribly big deal, except that I hadn't swept for a few days. So by the time I pulled Finn out from under the table, he had an old, hard French fry in his mouth, as well as an old, dried up apple peel, and a little chunk of play-doh. After I swiped all of his goodies out of his mouth, he then tried to replace them with the piece of PBJ he had in his one hand, and when that failed, he tried for the dried broccoli he had in his other hand (Linda joked that at least he was going for a variety of foods). So pleased with this new area of floor he discovered (I blame the cat for this, by the way) I found Finn under the table many times throughout the rest of the day (don't worry, I swept the floor right after I pulled him out and took all his treats away).


Obviously, he's quite happy under there.

*****

Finn is pretty much in love with himself. And who can blame him, right? His new thing to do (usually while we're cooking dinner) is to come into the kitchen, and make out with the baby "in" the oven.


He's done this a few times, and I thought it was only the baby "in" the oven that he was so keen on, but then I read a book to him that has a mirror at the end, and as soon as he saw himself in the mirror, this is what he did:


Which is what leads me to believe that Finn is in love with himself. Or that he likes to lick things that look like him. Whichever.

* * * * *

And finally, here is a video for Finn's aunts. See, my sisters are somewhat known around these parts (and by "these parts" I mean to Josh and me) as cranberry sauce maniacs. Probably because one night Josh had come to my mom's for dinner and cranberry sauce was served, and each twin probably ate about a can of sauce herself. So, for them, we filmed Finn freaking out over some cranberry sauce.



Seriously, I couldn't feed it to him fast enough. The video doesn't really do the moment justice. You'll just have to trust me that it was quite hilarious and made us think of my sisters. Fondly, of course.

2 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

He is so cute! It scares me to think Joshua would be doing those things in just a few months!

Quixotic Iconoclast said...

He knows he's cute, and figures he can cash in on that. :)