12 January 2011

My Day

Yesterday was my birthday. It was quite the day. The morning went as usual. After the boys rest time I decided to vacuum since it really needed to be done. Usually Josh vacuums and the older boys run around while Finn hangs out with me on the couch. This time, I put Finn at his running table thing and he was not happy. At all. He worked himself up so bad that when I finally managed to calm him down (after I finished vacuuming and got Zeke off the bus) he did that little, sad, extra breath thing (I know you know what I'm talking about) for a good 10 minutes. Of course, he was so upset by the previous half hour that when I tried to put him down to make lunch he screamed, so I had to get out the moby wrap and strap him to me while I made sandwiches for the older boys. So, I was a little on the stressed side by the time naptime finally rolled around.

I put the boys in bed, had some lunch, then did the dishes that I was too tired to do the night before. Sigh. Then Josh tried calling and my phone "broke". It would ring and it worked, but I couldn't get any sound to come out of it. At all. So, as people tried to call me all afternoon, I would sit there listening to my ring tone, then text them back that I couldn't talk because my phone had no sound. I tried so many things to fix it. Finally I gave up and took a nap.

After my nap I got the boys up from their nap. I made hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for dinner (we really do things up special here). Josh came home and brought with him a super yummy cake from Coldstone Creamery. It was devil's food cake and chocolate ice cream layered with peanut butter cups. Soooo good. Here we are singing to me.

I think my favorite part of the evening was watching Deacon eat his piece of ice cream cake.

Yup, that's my boy! I know this may be overkill with the videos and the pictures, but I don't care. It's my birthday post, and I'll put up whatever I want. Lol. Besides, Deacon had us rolling.

While the sugar monster finished off his cake and ice cream, I opened my presents. Josh got me a Cold Stone gift card with the promise of time away from the boys (yay!), and Karen got me these sweet sock monkey slippers, that I apparently have to share with my children.

After we cleaned up Deacon, I left for evening Bible study on base. The ladies there sang to me as well. All in all, it was a pretty good day. A nice way to start the next year of my life.

And by the way, Josh came home from work, essentially looked at my phone, and fixed it in, like, 3 seconds. Jerk.


Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,
Forgive us- we were caught up in the drama of more snow- would there be school or no?! We wish you many happy returns of the day. Sorry we forgot to call. At least we didn't add to the frustration.
Love, Mom and Dad

Chris and Kim Todd said...

What a great blog, the videos were fun! Belated Happy Birthday to you.