20 June 2008

Summertime...and the living is easy.

Ahh...the summer weather has returned. We're still waiting on orders, so no news on that front. Hopefully today or Tuesday we'll have them and have some plans made. But back to our summer, here are some pictures of the boys playing in the sandbox with Oma and Opa. Interest in the sandbox had waned a little, but I bought some new sand the other day and it's become a favorite once again. I think they both just sat there playing with the sand for a good half hour. It's wonderful when they play so nice together.

On Wednesday, PWOC went strawberry picking at a local strawberry field, and I ventured out with both boys. Whoo boy, was that exciting. Zeke did great. He got the hang of picking the strawberries right away. Deacon, on the other hand, got his grubbly little mitts on one, ate it before I could stop him, then proceeded to freak out until I managed to get his Cheerios. After I paid for the strawbs we picked, I let each boy have one before I put them in the car. That was a mistake. About five strawberries each later, they were both freaking out for more. And I really do mean freaking out. Whining and crying and waving hands all around and arching backs and trying to jump out of the stroller I had placed them in so I could pay. Geez people!
Yesterday I gave them strawberries with their chicken salad sandwiches for lunch. I would like to state for the record that I do NOT enjoy being yelled at and "impatiently moaned" at during an ENTIRE meal. These boys are strawberry monsters! I learned my lesson though, and today I cut up the strawberries and put a certain amount on each plate before they could even see what I was doing, so once the ones on the plate were gone, that was it. Whew!
But all in all, we are thoroughly enjoying the sunshine and the warmer weather. Even though it tends to cool off in the afternoon considerably, the boys and I are having a good time just relaxing and taking it easy. I hope everyone else is enjoying their summers so far too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wes used to eat dried strawberries from teh commissary all the time. Of course now we're stateside and I can't find the damn things anywhere - figures:) He could easily put away a container on his own if I let him.

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Like nephew, like aunt, I suppose. When I was in third grade mom took us strawberry picking. I was in a school play the next day and I ate so many strawberries beforehand that I was sick to my stomach during the entire performance. The teacher told me it was just stage fright but when I got home I threw up a bunch of times. I remember both Mom AND Dad in the bathroom with me, trying to get me to stop.

But I still love strawberries to this day, even though I'm careful not to eat so many that I make myself sick.

xo
Linda