09 November 2013

Let's Talk About My Youngest Child

My sweet boy, Finn, loves the iPad. He's on that thing for at least 10 minutes every day. If I'm being honest, most days it's more like an hour or so. In the morning. And again in the afternoon. Some days it bothers me, some days I tell myself he mostly plays learning games, so he's just figuring out how to spell and add and what's it.  Like most 3-year-olds, right?

Finn loves superheroes. His current favorite is Batman - as you can see by his pajamas, socks, and sneakers. He also has a Batman blanket on his bed.

His best friend is Chase. I was going to write a whole post about these 2 with lots of pictures, but what else can I really say? They ask for each other, get super excited when they see each other, then fight with each other over every toy when they are actually together. That's not entirely true.  They really do play very well together. But 3-year-olds can only behave so much of the time, not ALL of the time, and we love them for it.

Finn wants a puppy. He loves dogs and doesn't usually shy away from them like the other two always did.  I almost caved the other day and bought him one when him and the puppy played with each other through the glass (excuse my finger - like I've never taken a picture before or something - geez).

Mr. Finntastic LOVES being outside. Well, he loves being outside when he's not allowed on "his" iPad. He's getting pretty fast too. He was also super pumped to go to the "pumpkin farm to go Halloween picking."

Even better than pumpkin picking was the tractor ride to the pumpkin patch. We rode the tractor to the pumpkin patch and back not once, but twice. We got our pumpkins, paid for them, put them in the car, then went back around for a second ride, much to his utter delight.

Finn also had his first dental check up last month where he didn't cry and freak out. I'm telling y'all, we have a new favorite dentist. This guy was amazing. Finn didn't even ask me to sit in the chair with him like I usually have to do.  *sniff, sniff*


Look who got a new seat! Just looking at him in this seat makes me a wee bit sad.  My boy is no longer a baby (even though he'll always be my baby).

Finn also LOVES the beach.  I'm not sure we'll ever be able to visit Josh's parents again without making a quick trip to the ocean. We had a hard enough time convincing him it wasn't going to be warm enough two weeks ago to go in the water.

The little man has also been helping out a bit more around the house. We've started a chore/allowance system with the older two and I guess it's influencing Finn a bit. One of the chores is to set the table. A couple of nights this past week when I've yelled, "Whose turn is it to set the table?" Finn usually runs into the kitchen and says, "My turn!" He then proceeds to help me set the table. Finn also "cleaned his room" the other day.

So close!

My sweet boy also loves to books. He loves to read books, he loves to have books read to him, he loves the library - both for story time there and for getting more books. His favorite author is Mo Willems.  Right now his favorite Mo Willems books are the Elephant and Piggie books. And to tell the truth, I rather enjoy all of them too.

Finn also loves music and puzzles. Car and firetrucks. Football and all other things that little boys love. And don't tell Josh, but I'm totally Finn's favorite parent.

Oh, Finn. You make things so much more interesting and fun, and we wouldn't want it any other way. 

No comments: