02 September 2011

Oh, Camp

For those of you who don't know this about me, I spent a week or 3 almost every summer from the time I was 9 or 10 until I was about 24 at Pine Bush Bible Camp. I started as a camper, did the kitchen worker thing, the CIT (counselor in training) thing, jr. counselor and finally counselor. I was even the dining hall supervisor one year - which, I'm still not sure how anyone let that happen. Since we've been away from NJ for so long, it's been quite awhile since I've been back there. I guess I was there 3 years ago when were last in NJ, but that was just me tagging along with my stepdad as he brought my sisters up.

This summer though, I went back. It was only for a day, but it wasn't just me tagging along. This time, I went up to visit my sisters (who were working in the kitchen during Teen Week) on my own and guess what. I brought my boys with me. We all had such a great time and it was definitely what I needed. Sure, it was a lot of driving (1 1/2hours each way) but the boys were good, the weather was glorious, and it was just so nice being back there again, catching up with some friends and all that jazz.

We left around 10am and got there in time for me to let the boys run around a little bit, meet some of my friends, and eat some lunch before I put them down for naps in the trailer my sisters were sleeping in. (I know, what kind of mom brings her kids to the best place on earth then makes them take naps? The kind of mom who wanted an hour or so to eat and chat with friends without being interrupted 800 times, really.) After I got the boys up though, we had a blast. We went swimming (thank you Tia and Tante for swimming with us and making that whole thing SO much easier on me!). After 1 hour and 15 minutes in the pool I finally made the boys get out - I had gotten Finn out about a 1/2 hour earlier because he was done and cold. Once they were dry and dressed they played on the playground and the swings (thank you again Tia and Tante - oh, and Tito and Ray who are pictured below) and had a great time while I chatted with friends some more. Then it was into the car and off for home, which we got back to around 6:30pm.

Like I said, it was a great day, and just what I needed to help me relax a little before the next day, which was moving day. But more on that day later.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Just landed to your article from bing search engine. I am glad to read your content. It is quite high level thought. Hope to come back again. Please keep up this good work and regards from gbshop.info