14 September 2011

The House Part Two: First Floor

First, welcome to post number 500. Whoo! I feel like I should throw a party or something. But I won't. Anyhoo...

Yesterday I posted a little tour of the ground floor of our new house. Today I am going to post the first floor of our house. And that's all the introduction I have today.

Okay, so here are the stairs from the ground floor to the first floor.


Once you reach the top of the stairs you walk right into the "main room".
Here you find our computers, tv, couch, etc. It's big and it's beautiful, really.

(the other half of the room)


If you look next to the blue (grey?) chair, you'll see a door.
That door is the door to a closet.
That closet we have turned into the boys' "toy room".


Behind the same blue chair you'll find a bookshelf and the boys' little table.


Off of the living room (and right next to the stairs) is bathroom #1.
Not much to see there really.

There is plenty to see next to the bathroom, however, as that's where the kitchen is.
And a lovely kitchen it is too. There's so much space (counter and cabinet-wise) that I was a little overwhelmed at first. I'm not used to having nice-sized kitchens.

The kitchen has 2 pantries.
In the first we have some food. Obviously.

In the second, we have our small appliances and the garbage can.
Finn has taken to throwing things away.
Things that usually shouldn't be thrown away.
Things like new boxes of dryer sheets and pot lids.
Hence, the garbage can is now in the pantry.


Directly off of the kitchen is the dining room. Breakfast nook?
Whatever. It's where we put our table, and it's where we eat.


And that's pretty much it for the first floor. It makes a nice little loop for the boys to chase each other (and the cat) around. It's all hardwood and tile floors so that makes it a little easier to clean (I don't like to vacuum much).

>The only thing I don't really like is that there isn't a "back" door here, that I can use to get from the kitchen to the backyard quickly if the boys are out there playing. Instead I have to go through the house, down the stairs, and then through the house again. Granted, it's not a HUGE house, but it's still inconvenient, plus I can't yell at them real well through the window. But, it is what it is, and it's really my only complaint about the place. (Not to mention that Josh's mom pointed out that if there's a fire in the basement, there's no exit as both doors to the outside are in the basement. But we won't dwell on that. Happy thoughts from here on out everyone!)

Now, here's the video and tomorrow will be the final installment: the bedrooms!


No comments: