16 October 2008

This Song Is Amazing

It's so amazing, in fact, that I can't not share it with you all. I have nothing other to say about it than it is amazing. I posted two videos of the song. The first is the album version and it's great. The second is a live acoustic version he did, which is great as well. I can't decide which I like more, so they're both here for you to listen to depending on what you like more. It's called "True Love" and it's by Phil Wickham. Enjoy!







Here are the lyrics (just in case you need them):

True Love

by Phil Wickham

Come close listen to the story
About a love more faithful than the morning
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

The earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt the Fathers Broken Heart
Tears were filling Heaven's Eyes
The day that True Love died, the day that True Love died

When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died,
The day that True Love died

Search your heart you know you can't deny it
Come on, lose your life just so you can find it
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

The Earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt The Fathers broken heart
Tears were filling Heaven's Eyes
The day that True Love died,
the day that True Love died

When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died,
The day that True Love died

Now, Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Oh, He is alive
He rose again

When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died,
The day that True Love died

Come close listen to the story

4 comments:

Amy, queen of the world. said...

You wanna know what's so friggin weird? I was looking at the "stuff korean moms like" website, and I went down to the "followers" part... I just RANDOMLY clicked on your blog... and it turns out that we're both in Lawton, OK! What in the world is with that?! lol
Anyway, your kids are absolutely adorable, and I read about your lovely Columbus Day... you poor dear!! lol
(I promise I'm not a stalker... well, okay, I guess I'm kind of a blog stalker because I'm always randomly clicking on people's blogs, then their links to other blogs, and their links to other blogs, etc...but actually stalking people would require, like, energy to get up out of my house and find people and frankly, it's my fall break and I don't wanna!)

Anonymous said...

what an awesome song! i like the music video better, altho i dont really understand it. but thanks for sharing! love you!
-kirsten

Beth said...

Amy - that is crazy! I love it!

Kirsten - I don't really get the video either. The site I saw it on said a guy from his church put the video together for their Easter service, so maybe it had something to do with the message that day?

summer said...

great song, thanks for sharing!