04 October 2008

Aack! I Can See Their Faces!


So, Josh FINALLY agreed with me that the boys should get their hairs cut. After months and months of comments made by me (and a few questions from strangers as to whether they were boys or girls) he finally caved and said it was time.


I think it was the shock if him saying it was time that made me the one not wanting to have it done anymore. Zeke looked like such a rock star...almost like a young Bon Jovi, if you will. Deacon had such sweet curls that I would just hate to lose.


So, we both finally caved, and I spent the week looking through the Yellow Pages, trying to figure out which barber shop I would want to take the boys to. After going back and forth (based solely on the location and the name of the shop), I decided I could do it myself.

And do it myself I did! (Josh helped a little by shaping up around the ears and back, so it wasn't entirely my work, but it mostly was.) I must say we did a pretty good job. Deacon's hair came out great. Zeke's was a harder job and looks a little less good (plus he wouldn't sit still as nicely as Deacon had). But both boys got their hairs cut, they look fabulous, I can see their faces (which was really only a problem with Zeke), and we are all happy, and Josh has deemed it that I shall henceforth be the barber for my menfolk. And now, without further adieu, the boys with their spiffy new haircuts! Ta-daaa!!!

5 comments:

Sara said...

They are sooooooo handsome! Job well done!

Childress Family said...

Aww..so cute. I've never attempted cutting Anna's hair myself. Is that because she's a girl?? If I had a boy, would it not matter so much? Hmm...

Niki said...

What little men they've become! Spiffy there are indeed! Love the new dos!!!

Embrace the Circus said...

Beth, I am super-impressed. I've never tried to cut Kathleen's hair (nor Madeline's, but it's not as though she has any to spare, so that's sort of a moot point) and, like Marie, I wonder whether I'd have given it a try if my girls were boys. Probably not. I failed abysmally at cutting Jim's hair a few times in Germany. Better not to traumatize my children anymore than I already have!

Aubrey Lynn said...

Great job!! I've only ever done buzz cuts - and mostly on Steve.