27 March 2009

Picture Me Doing This...




...as you read this post.
(And if you want, you can picture Joni instead of Will at the end.)


Now, on with the blog.

We have tickets! We all have plane tickets! Josh has tickets here and back to Alaska. The boys and I have tickets to Alaska. My mom has tickets to here, to Alaska, then back to Jersey. Wahoo! Josh gets in on Good Friday. Of course, he gets in ridiculously late, so the boys won't see him until Saturday, but that's okay. My mom gets in that Saturday too. Then we have a week to ship my car, ship our household goods, get last minute stuff taken care of, then, to quote Johnny Horton's classic, "[we're] going north to Alaska, [we're] going north, the rush is on."

To help get the boys ready, and maybe give them some sort of an idea for Daddy's return, I took down the map and put this up...

That's right, Josh's big, floating head lives on! So, every day when the boys are getting into bed, we'll put a big, black "x" through the day they just finished as a countdown until he gets here. (I am also hoping to use this as a way to teach them a little more about their numbers. We'll see how that goes.)

Also (I mentioned this before without any detail), Josh got us a house in Alaska and has moved in already. Of course, there wasn't really much for him to move in with, but it's all set up and ready for us to get there and make it a home.


Doesn't it look lovely? I'd post some of the pictures of the inside, but I'm waiting until we get all of our stuff out there and have it all set up. It has four bedrooms (that means a guest room -hint hint!), two bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, deck, fenced in backyard, garage, driveway, snow. Lots of snow at the moment. This is going to be great. I can't wait.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you see Russia from any of those windows?

evan

Ells said...

Wow, I love this whole post! The dance, the chart, the house... I'm super excited for you! But most excited of all for the happy reunion that will take place. :)

Niki said...

Your new house looks so great! Tom and I actually miss the seasons and snow. I never thought I'd say it but it's true. I like the seasons. We're so excited for you guys. Alasks sounds like fun! Just like Germany....when would you ever get to live there if it weren't for the Army?? :-) We wish you all safe travels and we're glad the Walters will all be back together again!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Its amazing@ How lucky. Can't wait to hear what you think of Alaska, I've always wanted to visit.

Nicole Humphrey said...

Me and the girls checked out your blog together. You may think that the floating head thing is funny but it made Olivia say, "I think her husband is handsome". Not sure where you are headed in Alaska but my friend Laura has good friends at both bases, maybe you will meet them :) Happy travels.

summer said...

Hurray! congratulations! How fun! I loved your "beautiful moment" post, it was a real encouragement.
I don't always feel like the best parent or wife but David and I do love each other deeply and our children so I trust and hope that penatrates through the days that aren't so good!
Happy moving!