03 March 2009

And The Winner Is...

Whoever guessed "April sometime" for when the boys and I will be leaving Oklahoma to join Josh in Alaska. That's right, sometime in April. Why? Allow me to tell you why. Two reasons really.

First, we don't have a place to live yet. Apparently, there is some kind of issue with the housing contractor out there (or something like that) so they aren't placing people in homes on post until May/June sometime. When they do start giving homes to people, we are number 22 on the list of people needing homes. So, Josh was giving the options of waiting, just getting a place off-post, or trying to find a place off-post to rent on a month-by-month basis. SO, he is looking for a place to live now.

Second, Josh has a field exercise he has to go to at the end of this month/beginning of April, and it was highly suggested that he hang out up there for the month so that he can get caught up to speed on his new job and what all will be happening that weekend and such. I guess that makes sense.

So, the boys and I will be here in Oklahoma for at least another month. At least it's warmer here than up there. Josh just texted me that it's snowing there. It's almost 70degrees here. I'm okay with staying put a little longer. I just wish he was here too. I know Zeke really misses him.

In other news, we had some surprise visitors this past weekend! Matt and Heather are in the states, looking for jobs, and were making their way to Dallas over the weekend, and called to see if they could stop in and see us on their way. Well, of course they could! I even offered the guest room for Friday night, so we had a sleepover. It was so great seeing them again. Zeke especially had a blast with Matt. As soon as Zeke saw Matt in the morning, he pretty much attached himself to Matt's leg and the two of them played all morning long. It was pretty sweet to watch, and I am very sad now that my camera batteries died, so I have no pictures to share of their visit. You just have to take my word for it that they were here. The Starlings came by Saturday morning too to visit with Matt and Heather, and we all had lunch, and it was a fabulous visit. We are so happy they came by.

And that's about it from here. Oh! I cut the boys hair again last night. I left it a little on the long side in case I decide I really don't like the job I did and want to take them to a professional to fix it. This way the professional should have some room to work with. Deacon's hair isn't too bad to cut because it has so much body and curlyness to it, that is hides most "miscuts" pretty well. Zeke's hair, on the other hand, is so stick straight, that it is VERY unforgiving. Every "miscut" is there on display for all to see. But, they can both see again, and they don't look near as shaggy as they did, so I'm happy. I put pictures of them with their new do's over on the sidebar.

Now, I must go. I'm done typing. I am sorry there aren't any pictures in this post, BUT I did get all my pictures from February up on Flickr if you really need a fix. Just click here, and away you will go. Before you go there though, I am going to leave you with a video I found recently. This is some 1500 prisoners in the Philippines doing "The Hustle" it's fabulous.



No comments: