19 December 2008

What, Oh What, Should I Title This Post?

I was originally going to go with "It's a Christmas Miracle!" after what Linda said when I told her I "found" the Christmas presents that had been "lost" in the mail the last two weeks. Then I thought about "Oh, I am SO Embarrassed" after how I feel about where the presents were. You see, as I mentioned before I had ordered half of the Christmas presents online. Half of that half came, but other half were MIA.

So today I called the website that the missing gifts were from to see what was going on with my order. I had to call because I didn't have my invoice number because the email with it got sent to my junk folder of the email I got in high school, and I don't check that very often, so I didn't think to until it was two weeks past when I ordered, but by then, it had been deleted. The woman I talked to was lovely. She asked me for my order number and simply laughed when I whined, "I don't have it." Through phone numbers and mailing addresses and the like, she was able to figure out which order was mine (yay!). Here's where it gets embarrassing. Apparently the packages had been left by my front door on the 4th and 5th of this month. WHAT?!? I said, "No they weren't. I never got them." I was afraid that maybe they were delivered while I wasn't home and that someone stole them.

The woman said, "Well, your mailing address is on NW 68th Street, right?" And I said, "Yes." And she continued, "2303?" And I said, "No. My house number is 2302." And there you go. When filling out the forms online I put the wrong house number and I presents were delivered to the 75 year old gentleman living across the street. While I'm not entirely surprised I did that, I am sort of surprised that VISA did not catch the mistake when they approved the transaction since I put 2303 as the billing address too.


Anyhoodledido, as I was so embarrassed by this, I waited until Josh got home from work this afternoon and had him go ask our neighbor if, by any chance, he had actually received the packages and if he still had them. And wouldn't you know it? He did! In fact, he had told Josh that he brought them to the post office to return them but it was going to cost him $14 to mail them back and he wasn't sure if he would get that money back so he was waiting for the mailman to come by so he could give the packages to him. Wow. How awesome is God to work all that out for me? So the presents got wrapped, they all got boxed, and they are merrily on their way to New Jersey! Wahooie!

My other thoughts for naming this post were "I'm Finally Finished" or "I'm Ready! I'm Ready! I'm Ready-eady-eady for Christmas!" (A little Spongebob for you fans out there.) This week we finished the tree. That's right, we finally got around to putting up all ten ornaments that we own. And I will say this, my boys are candy cane maniacs. Wow. I was making some monkey bread yesterday morning when I realized it was a little on the quiet side in the living room. I poked my head around the corner to see my little men folk, each with a candy cane in hand, trying to eat said candy canes through the wrappers. Oh those Walter boys.

So, that means, the lights on the house are up. The tree is up, lit, and decorated. The packages are all accounted for, wrapped, boxed, and shipped. AND we baked sugar cookies yesterday. I think I can say that we are all ready for Christmas. Well, there's still some food shopping to do, but that's nothing that won't be done anyway.

AND I was going to post a little bit about the weather here. It was in the 70's last weekend. Most of the week it was FREEZING. Like, 20 degrees freezing (I know, I know, just wait until I get to Alaska in February). Then, the last two days it's been high 50's/low 60's. But no matter the temperature, it has been dry. Apparently, the kind of dry they have here leads to lots and lots of static electricity...





See what I mean?





Now we are just cleaning up the house for Chad and Ellie, who will be visiting us this weekend! Yay! (Okay, we're cleaning the house because it really needs it, but the Ramskuglermeisterhoffs are an added incentive.) And on that note, I had better go and mop my embarrassingly gross kitchen floor and vaccuum and all that fun stuff.

2 comments:

Ells said...

and those sugar cookies were DELICIOUS!!!! :)

corry said...

oh yay!!!! im glad you got it all done and everything is all set for you my dear i have a blog now its call c is 4 Corry lol i know i know i miss you so