04 December 2008

It's a Christmas Version...

...of one of those "Getting to Know You" emails. My friend, Corry, sent me the email and I thought, "Well, maybe I'll do it and just put it up on my blog. It seems kind of fun and maybe it'll get me a little more into the Christmas spirit." So, here goes...


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper if it's being mailed, otherwise I try to use the gift bags I have lying around the house from previous Christmases (birthdays/showers/etc).

2. Real tree or Artificial? real thank you...although I hear they are hard to get here in OK.

3. When do you put up the tree? whenever we get around to getting it sometime in December.

4. When do you take the tree down? sometime after Christmas...there's really no rhyme or reason to tree stuff here.

5. Do you like eggnog? not so much

6. Favorite gift received as a child? wow. I have no idea...I can't seem to focus long enough to think that far back right now.

7. Hardest person to buy for? my brother

8. Easiest person to buy for? Linda

9. Do you have a nativity scene? If you count the kid's VeggieTales one, we have three :)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? snail mail (and I really need to get moving on those)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? What kind of a question is that? What if the person who gave me that gift is reading this? Then their feelings will be incredibly hurt. Geez people. But really, I don't know that I've gotten any terrible gifts that I can recall like that.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? whenever I am inspired to

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? as another Christmas present or for some other occassion?

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? candy canes

16. Lights on the tree? yes. Oh, like colors or white? Colors.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and Hark the Herald Angels Sing (which I didn't realize I liked so much until it almost made me cry today driving home from PWOC - it is so beautiful!)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? nope! Staying home and enjoying the "peace" of it being just us (and the Starling family)

19. Can you name all of Santa's? Who can't? I mean, come on.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I think we have an angel...although...maybe we don't put anything on top? Hmm...

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Eve, morning, afternoon, evening, next day, the following Saturday...you know.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When the music and decorations come up before Halloween is even over.

23. What theme or color are you using? for what? I don't understand this question.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham/turkey, potatoes, gravy, bread, Thanksgiving, really all over again.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? all sorts of stuff :)


Now, if you'd like to play along, consider yourself "tagged". OH, and just for kicks, here's a picture from last Christmas for you to enjoy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i totally remember that picture being taken! lol. i hope you find a christmas tree.... mom said she's thinking about getting one so i'm going to try for us to have a real one this year :) Btw, let me know what you want for christmas... i have to start my shopping too.
-Kirsten