06 December 2008

Saturday Silliness Continues!

This is a video of a band that was recommened to me by a dear friend of mine. I fell in serious like with these guys upon watching the video she linked to me and then all of the subsequent videos I spent the next half hour or so watching. In fact, I enjoyed them so much I went ahead and downloaded the HBO special they did, back whenever they did it. (That's where this video comes from, by the by.) I have already showed them to Josh and passed them on to Linda. Such was the positive feedback that I have decided to post my favorite song by these guys for you here today. The band is Flight of the Conchords. The song is "The Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros". Oh, and as my friend put it when she sent the link to the song that she linked to me, "I hope it doesn't scandalize you." And with that, enjoy!

5 comments:

Aubrey Lynn said...

OMG - Evan and I LOVE these guys! We have the DVD set of their first season. I have all their songs on my iPod. Yeah, these guys are awesome. Their new season is supposed to be coming out soon on HBO, but I hear it will be their last. Hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Jeff was COMPLETELY scandalized. He walked away during the video. I of course, have spent the last three days randomly bursting out with "ain't no party like my nana's tea party!" See? It still makes me giggle. Also, from "Jenny", "We adopted him, it was a very difficult process, I'm surprised you don't remember!" HAHAHAHA! That tickled my funny bone, too.

xoxo
Lin

KToth said...

We love Flight of the Conchords, too! In fact, Kevin brought me the first season back from Iraq. It was like 2 months of Friday night dates of pizza, wine, and Flight of the Conchords after the babies went to bed. LOVE IT! You've got to watch the show, so funny.
Even funnier- isn't Jermaine (the Hiphophopotamus) JUST LIKE D.BRAD?
We've mentioned this to D. and he doesn't get it. I can't wait to show the video to his wife, Robin. TOO FUNNY.

Ells said...

SO glad you enjoyed them! :)

Anonymous said...

Shawn introduced me to these guys! They are pretty funny. He gets a kick out of them. I'm glad you've found them and enjoy them too
-Kirsten