28 November 2014

Apples, Apples, Everywhere

So, last month, when we went to the farm to go pumpkin picking, we also picked apples. We picked a little over one hundred pounds of apples to be exact. I know. What does one family do with so many apples you might be thinking? I'll tell you. We made apple sauce! 



We made gallons and gallons of apple sauce over the course of a couple of weeks, to be exact.


It was a fun "project" and one I'm sure we'll be doing for the rest of our lives now. And while we're talking about apples, I made my first ever apple pie for Thanksgiving this year!


Isn't it lovely? It tasted pretty darn good too!

And while we're talking about Thanksgiving, we spent the holiday with my dad and his family at my cousin Ann's house. It's always a really nice time there and I'm really glad we went. Thanks for having us Ann!

No comments: