09 September 2014

First Day of School

Thursday (the 4th) was the first day of school for Zeke and Deacon. Boy, were we ready for it. My boys do get along with each other pretty well, but we needed a change of pace, and school provided just the thing.

Zeke is in 3rd grade now, and his teacher is a new teacher. She's been in the school the past few years as a classroom aide, but this is her first foray into soloing it. Deacon is in 2nd grade and he has the same teacher Zeke had for 2nd grade. We are all (teacher included) pretty excited about that. The boys seem to be making the transition from summer vacation to school year pretty seamlessly. Finn and I on the other hand...well, Friday, when we had no plans for the morning sort of sat around wondering what to do with ourselves for the day. (Answer: iPads whoo! I'm only partially kidding about that.)

This is the first full week of school. I also registered all 3 boys for soccer on base which will start in 2 weeks. Next week is the kickoff for both the evening and morning PWOC studies here. All of this means I'm about to become a very busy girl again, and I'm looking forward to it. I know it's going to be a really good year all around, and I'm excited.

And that's all the news for now!

No comments: