21 May 2013

Little Stories About Not-So-Little Boys

It used to be that when I'd pick Deacon up from school he would run to me and throw is arms around me and tell me how much he missed me that morning.  Now, I get this face:
 
 
and a grumpy Deacon telling me he'd rather I be late picking him up so he could sit in the office reading one of the books they have in there.
 
 
*     *     *     *     *
 
 
I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point over the past few days Finn has decided he's SUPER afraid of bugs.  All of them.  Yesterday at tball he had a mini meltdown because the tiniest of ants DARED to crawl on the same bleacher he was playing on.
 
Then, this morning, after we put the boys on the bus, he went inside to get the iPad while I chatted with a neighbor for a minute.  When Finn came out to show me that he had found it, a bee buzzed past his head which caused him to run to me yelling, "No buggy! I can't go home! NO BUG!" And then he parked himself on the sidewalk and every few seconds would mutter, "I can't go home."
 
 
 
 
*     *     *     *     *
 
 
Speaking of tball, Zeke is LOV-ING IT.  He has such a great time every time we go.  I'm almost a little sad there are only 2 more days. He loves hitting and running and "catching" and throwing.  He loves all of the coaches, and the other kids.  He comes home so pumped every single time.
 
 
Deacon, on the other hand, quit after the 2nd or 3rd practice.  Tball just isn't his thing and that's okay. If practices and things weren't all during our dinner time, I wouldn've tried to switch him from tball to soccer since he keeps saying how much he likes soccer, but that would've meant being at the field every Monday through Thursday from 5-6 (really out of the house from 4:45-6:15) for 2 months.  We eat dinner at 5 most nights, so while I was willing to do it twice a week for tball, I wasn't willing to do it 4 nights, espcially with Josh gone like he has been.  But soccer comes around again in the fall, and then it will be on!
 
 
 
*     *     *     *     *
 
 
A few days before Finn's birthday he and I were shopping at Michaels for things, when he found this shovel that he just HAD to have.  I decided to get it for him, figuring it would be an early birthday present.  Plus you can never have too many shovels when going to beach (or the "big sand box" behind our house). Right?
 
 
This has happened more times than I can count.  My sweet boy loves to sleep with that silly shovel. Nap time, bed time, it doesn't matter.  More times times then not that shovel is in bed with that boy.  Best $2 spent ever.

No comments: