06 October 2012

What The Face?!

And the hits just keep on coming.  Today was a very good day.  The boys played SO well together ALL morning long.  I mean, from 8am until 11am there was practically no fighting, no games got out of control, and I was able to enjoy the morning and my boys and even knit a little bit.
 
After an early lunch and short "nap time" the boys and I went down to my mom's for the afternoon.  It was a little belated birthday celebration for her and we had a really good time.  However, in the 10 minutes between dinner and cake, the wee one fell down some of the stairs in my mom's basement (only the bottom 2 if I had to guess) and did this to his eye:

Here's a second picture in case the first one isn't good enough.  I think between the 2 of them, you get the idea.

And oh, how he did cry!  At least he got some cake shortly after as a consolation.  Actually, 2 minutes after snuggling and wiping his snot and drool all over my shirt, he saw the other kids playing some game and decided he was ready to join back in.  I almost can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning.  I'll share another picture if it's worse.
 
While we're on the subject of "things that happened to my kids' faces while we were at my mom's today", take a look at sweet Dee Dee's face:


Those would be mosquito bites.  As far as I know, he's the ONLY ONE who got bit by mosquitoes today.  It's OC-TO-BER bugs!  Go away and leave my sweet boy alone!  And apparently, when this boy gets bit, his bites tend to turn into little welts.  He also has 2 on the back of his neck.  Craziness I tell you!
 
My poor kids.  Let's hope this next week without Daddy goes WAY better.

No comments: