04 September 2012

How Is It September Already?

Seriously guys, how is it September already?  This summer (during which I took a break from blogging, in case you didn't notice) went really fast.  And here, at least, September came and brought Fall right along with it.  It's cooler (still warm, but we all have pants on today) and it's been raining, raining, raining. 
 
BUT, now that it IS September and we're getting back into the swing of things, I've decided to get back into the swing of blogging.  As a sort of "goal", I've decided to blog every day that Josh is traveling over the next school year, at least.  Now, this is probably going to be a bigger task then I think as he's going to be gone quite a bit more with internships and classes and a possible 4 month trip to Afghanistan (you may call it a deployment if you wish).  And yes, since I'm blogging today, Josh has left today for a week long trip (maybe longer...we'll see when we see).
 
So, I think I'll just spend the rest of this post quickly recapping our summer with some pictures which are in no particular order.
 
We went bowling a few times (as well as to a bounce house one day):
 
We played at a number of different parks with a number of different friends:
 
We checked out some local construction:
 
We drove to New Hampshire for a wedding (Josh's cousin).  We also took a mini-vacation and visited with all the grandparents:
 
Of course there were many hours spent at Frog Falls (the waterpark behind our house):
 
One evening we took the boys and Thomas mini golfing and then out for ice cream afterwards:
 
We went for a boat ride, and did some crabbing while we were out there:
 
Finn made a "new" friend:
 
We visited camp where we had lunch, went swimming, played on yet another playground and did crafts:
 
We met a bagpiper who has me totally convinced that I NEED to learn to play the bagpipes myself and that I can totally do it:
 
And we got some fish:
 
All in all, a great summer.  This past summer also marked one year for us being in New Jersey.  And what a year it's been.  This next year looks to be pretty busy, so I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about here.

No comments: