21 April 2012

There's Not Enough O's in Groooooooss

Yesterday morning our main floor toiler overflowed for probably the 6th time in the last 3 or so months. Water went everywhere, Josh just happened to come home for a minute as it happened, so he plunged the toilet and told me to call housing, which I did. They sent someone out right away. He flushed the toilet a few times and it was working perfectly. "Your husband did a great job plunging" he said. Then he snaked the toilet anyway while he was there, and said if it happens again to call again and next time they'll take the toilet off and snake it the other way. Yay.

A wee bit later I heard what sounded like the cat peeing in his litter box, only a little bit weird. And loud because I can't usually hear him peeing when I'm upstairs. Thinking that maybe I should check on him, but not really wanting to get off the couch (I was tired from cleaning my bathroom floor, mopping up all of that gross water), I ignored him. A few minutes later though I went downstairs to put my towels into the dryer. And that's when I saw this:


A puddle of pee ON MY WASHING MACHINE! Of course, I immediately blamed the cat because how else would a pubble of pee wind up ON MY WASHING MACHINE! Sigh. I ran back upstairs for my camer (well, my phone) and for some cleaning supplies. When I got back down I stood there for a moment in disbelief. I mean really, WHY would he do that, it didn't make any sense. His litter box is literally 3 feet away from the washing machine and on the floor. Why would Peavey walk past his box, jump onto the washing machine and then pee? Figuring he wouldn't, and then remembering that our toilet overflowed and flooded our bathroom, I wondered if maybe it leaked through the ceiling?

>I looked up, directly over the washing machine, but the ceiling was perfectly dry. My eyes wandered over the rest of the ceiling to where I saw this:


That is the paint bulging out after being filled with gross toilet water. My guess now is that when the toilet overflowed and filled the bathroom with its nasty water, the water seeped through the floor into the ceiling of the laundry room, where it collected behind the paint, forming this bulge. It then must have sprung a leak and squirted out of the paint bulge onto my washing machine. I know, I know, WHAT?!

Peavey, I owe you an apology. I'm terribly sorry, and will put my "Jump to Conclusions" mat out with the trash this week. And maybe give you a belly rub to make up for blaming you for something you didn't do. But we'll see about that, I am still pretty annoyed with you for crying all night the other night, keeping me awake for WAY too long.

So, after cleaning my machine and what's it, I called housing (again) and got their answering service. As I was trying to explain my situation the guy on the phone I saw one of the housing men outside talking to a neighbor. Praise God! I quickly ran downstairs and as he was about to get into his van I said, "Could you come look at something for me REAL quick please?" He did and confirmed that it must have been from when the toilet overflowed. He then cut away the buldge and all the surrounding area:


Now I have to let this dry over the weekend, and then call housing once more to have them come back to repaint and fix up that portion of my wall/ceiling. Good times y'all. Good. times.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Our shower leaked through the wall and caused ceiling to leak in the living room. I think it's a regular occurrence in Picatinny's housing.