12 April 2012

Oh! Easter!

You guys. I'm sorry it's been quiet here again. Last week Zeke was home on spring break, so many things sort of just fell by the wayside. This week has seen me trying to catch up and take care of all the things I sort of ignored last week. Then I sat down to blog figuring I must have something to say, and drew a blank. SO I opened my folder of pictures on my computer and guess what - I have none in there from April. I then turned on my camera and guess what - NO pictures there either. What?! And so I sat here and thought, "I literally have nothing to blog about right now. Has nothing really happened yet this month?" But then I turned on my phone and low and behold, there were pictures from Easter!

Our Easter was very nice. We got up and left the house at 8:30 to head down to Josh's parents' church. We made the trip with plenty of time and no incidents. Church was nice, even if the speaker talked a little too long. Afterwards it was off to Mom and Dad's for lunch, naps, an egg hunt and dinner. It was a beautiful day, and we all had a really good time.




(Josh actually has better pictures on his phone, but he won't share them with me, so I'm stuck using the ones I got on my phone.)

The drive home was pretty uneventful too. Until Finn tried to access Netflix on the iPad and couldn't get it to work because we were in a moving vehicle. But that meltdown happened pretty close to home so we survived.

As for spring break, it was a relatively normal week, except Zeke was home all day every day. I think Wednesday I reached my breaking point as he was just. all. OVER. the place. At some point in the afternoon I actually said to him, "Zeke, if you were at school right now you'd be losing stars." I'm sure it didn't help that Josh had a last minute trip thrown at him and he was gone Tuesday night, Wednesday and Thursday morning.

Thursday was an exciting day for the boys though. My dad and Karen came up and took them to the movies - well, they took Zeke and Deacon. Finn stayed home with me and took a MUCH needed nap. They saw the Lorax. Then, while Josh and I went to dinner at a friend's house, they took the boys to McDonalds for dinner. Can we say best. day. ever?

But now we're all back at school (Deacon didn't get a spring break, so really, it's just Zeke back at school), back on schedule, all caught up, and Josh is traveling again today and tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back here again soon, even if it's with pictures of nothing but the kids playing at the park or coloring at the table or something.

No comments: