05 February 2009

Hodge Podge

So, it's been awhile, huh? Sorry about that. I wish I had so really good reason for not writing in so long, but I don't. I've just been lazy. That being said, this post will be a hodge podge of stuff that I've been meaning to write and know I won't come back to writing any time soon (which means breaking it up is out of the question). So, bear with me if this gets a little long.

Last month, I know, I know, I took the boys to the doctors for their check-ups. For those of you still playing along at home, Zeke weighed in at 34 1/2 pounds (just over 75% for his age) and was 37 inches tall (just under 50% for his age). I'm sure he's taller than that now as he's been growing like crazy. I am surprised his height puts him so "low" on the scale since everyone tells me "he's SO BIG for 3!" Deacon, on the other hand, weighed in at 25 pounds 4 ounces (just under 50%) and was 33 inches tall (just over 75%). Zeke was kind of a pain during the appointment. He cried every time the nurse came near him. He was great with the doctor though. Talked and talked and talked to him. At one point, it sounded like Zeke said, "I try really hard." To which the doctor replied (while patting Zeke on the back), "I know you do." Deacon was fine. Didn't enjoy his shots too much, but who really does? So that was our visit last month.

Let's see...what's next? How about Alaska? Here's the plan, as we currently know it. Josh graduates on the 12th. He will be driving to Washington state with one of the cars (it was originally going to be my car since it has a nav system and all, but it still needs to get fixed from when it got hit -OH...I better go call the garage, hold on a sec!....thanks.). Josh will then take the 4 day ferry ride from Washington to Alaska, which should get him there a day or two before he has to report on March 1st. So, he will report, and inprocess and get us on the housing list (if there is one) and figure out when he can come back to Oklahoma to move our stuff and the boys and me to Alaska. So, hopefully mid-March we will all be heading out the "last frontier". Of course, he was contacted by them the other day and was told he has to go out to the field for a week or so the end of March/beginning of April. So, maybe we'll be in Oklahoma until the middle of April. Who knows? But that's where we sit with all of that.

Zeke has started building his own train tracks lately. He's been doing a pretty good job of it too. He has also started clasping his hands together when he asks "please" for something. I'm not sure where he learned that from. He just started doing it on a day that was like any other day. He has also started punching the chair and making this noise that sounds like crying, but isn't, whenever he gets really excited about something. I keep trying to catch it on video to show you, but it's an unexpected thing and hard to get. I'll keep trying because it really is something to behold. He LOVES the movie WALL-E, and has started humming the song that runs through most of the movie while building his train tracks or coloring or whatever. He also likes to walk around the house yelling, "E-BA!" (The girl's name in the movie is Eve, but Wall-E pronounces it "Ee-vah" and Zeke isn't too good with his b's yet, so it comes out "Eeee-bah!") Also, his emotions/hormones/whatever seem to have equalized, and he is once again a pleasant boy, not the emotional rollercoaster that he was a month ago. He does have a tendancy to throw Sammie down if she upsets him in any way, but we're working on that.

And then there's Deacon. Last night Josh said, "That kid is like a better looking version of me." Great. Because what the world really needs is two Joshes. He loves to wrestle. He loves to read. He loves to stick his fingers in the lids of the markers as Zeke colors. He also has some weird sick thing going on. Monday morning, he didn't eat much of his breakfast, but was pretty much okay otherwise. Until he threw up curdled milk on Zeke's rug. Nice, I know. The rest of the day he was okay, but a bit on the cranky side since I wouldn't give him milk the rest of the day. Tuesday he woke up fine, didn't really eat breakfast again, but we went to MOPS and he did fine, and came home and all was good until he threw up some apple juice he was drinking around 2:15. And he couldn't/wouldn't poop. So his tummy was extremely tight, he was not happy, and he snuggled with me through most of WALL-E that night. Yesterday he spit up some of his morning milk almost as soon as he finished drinking it. He had two enormous and enormously nasty poops (I'm not complaining though because at least it's all making it's way out) throughout the day. Still didn't eat breakfast, or much lunch for that matter, but he did eat dinner both last night and Tuesday night, and kept it all down. Today, he didn't really eat breakfast again, but none of his beverages have been seen again either. So, we're staying home from PWOC (sad!) so he can rest some more and hopefully kick the rest of whatever it is that's making him so cranky and clingy and whiney and sick and then extremely happy and joyful and then sickly and cranky and then happy and then you get the idea. (Talk about emotional roller coasters, huh?)

And I think that's all the latest and greates from Walterland. I'll try to be back again soon!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Oh poor Dee-Dee! I don't think I can remember the last time little-man didn't want to eat. We're sending well vibes, love and prayers your way. Sorry you had to miss PWOC.

Anonymous said...

busy bee you little d prob has the crazy flu going around he might have got the bug from someone you never knoe i hope he gets better and things get better for you too with all the craziness miss u

Anonymous said...

i love wall-e too! sometimes i go around saying, "wall-eeeeee", but i'm sure it's much cuter when zeke speaks wall-e lol. i hope deacon's getting better. i love you all!

-Kirsten

Ells said...

awww, sweet stories! I hope Deacon feels better soon too, and I love hearing Zeke's latest! :)

Childress Family said...

We're loving the free rides on the emotional roller coaster here. I guess it's our early intro to 3??

Sounds like D. has had something similar to what Anna had last summer. I think she just turned out to be really backed up and it ALLL came out in the bathtub one night..on my birthday...and John was still at work. Fun times!! Prune juice helps!

Embrace the Circus said...

Oh, I feel your pain, Beth. I've still not given Madeline milk since the dinner episode, and she's pretty cranky about that. She was up for hours in the middle of the night last night (woke her sister, too), crying for no clear reason. Well, maybe teeth. Now, in hindsight, I think maybe it was teeth. Why that didn't occur to me between the hours of 2 and 5am? Probably because it was between 2 and 5 am... Oh, well.

Hope everyone's healthier soon!