07 February 2009

First Born


Here you go Moms (and everyone else reading this) - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about having your first born! My friend Julie did this on her facebook page and tagged me with it. I thought it actually kind of cute, so here I am doing it here on my blog instead of my facebook since I don't actually enjoy using facebook all that much. So, if you have a child and want to play along, feel free (either on your blog or your facebook, whichever).


1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes. Mostly. We didn't really expect it to happen so quickly when we decided to "see what happens."

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes. For about two years, I think.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Excited, shocked it happened so fast.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Not at all!

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU
25

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
home pregnancy test, then the blood and urine tests at the clinic.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Umm...I can't remember. I think Josh's parents? Either Josh's parents or my mom. Is it terrible that I don't remember? I think it was Josh's parents because we were headed to NJ (from Germany) about a week after we found out and thought it would be fun to wait and tell everyone in person, but he was on the phone with them the weekend before we left and just couldn't wait anymore.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Nope.

9. DUE DATE?
January 21st. Or the 25th. Sometime in there.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
I don't want to talk about it. Okay, I do. My "morning" sickness lasted ALL. DAY. LONG. For TEN WEEKS. It was awful. I lost 9 pounds my first trimester.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU?
The smell of meat while it was being cooked.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
A boy!

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Not at all. I always wanted my first to be a boy.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY
40/45 pounds or so. I blame the German hospitals and their giving you bread and cheese for two of the three meals every day.

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
yes

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I was put in the hospital on bed rest for the two weeks before Christmas because Zeke was threatening to come too early. It was about 32 weeks into my pregnancy.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
St. Elisabeth's Hospital in Bad Kissingen, Germany


20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Josh, at about 11:30pm

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Josh, the midwife we named "Grinchy" because she strongly resembled the Grinch, and the doctor.

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Unfortuantely, no. There wasn't really enough time.

24. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Umm...3ish. The lighter contractions started around 9:30pm. They broke my water and "real" labor started around midnight and he was born at 12:34am. SO, three hours? A half an hour? Take your pick.

25. HOW MUCH DID THE BABY WEIGH?
7 pounds 14 oz

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN
January 3rd, 2006

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Ezekiel Xenophon Walter


And there you go. Now he's an active boy who loves dragons/dinosaurs/etc, trains, balls, jumping, running, WALL-E, penguins and all sorts of things. And to end with a story, I built a train track for him the other day. When I finished it, he looked at it and said, "Wow. Look at this. This is a good job!" He's too sweet sometimes.

No comments: