11 April 2008

Oh, Brothers

I took Deacon to the doctor's today for his 9 month well baby. I know, I'm about half a month behind on that, but that's just how we like to do things here with this clinic. However, he had a great check-up. The doctor just laughed the whole time as Deacon cooed, and grinned, and drooled the whole time (which was really nice since the whole thing took place during his naptime). Weighing in at 21 1/2 pounds, and measuring 27 3/4 inches long, Deacon is pretty much exactly at the 50th percentile for height, weight, and head circumfrence. "A perfectly preportionate baby" the doctor said. She's very sweet. We like her a lot. Zeke did well too sitting in the waiting room with Daddy. Apparently another little boy around Zeke's age came in and sat with Zeke. They were showing "Chicken Little" on the TV and Josh says every now and then Zeke would say, "Wow!" and point to the screen so the other little boy would look. He also said Zeke fed this other boy some of Zeke's raisins. He's such a good sharer (not a really word, I know, but I figured it would have been better than saying he's a good sharing-head).

In other "news" I was sick the past few days. This was really nice since Josh was in the field over night and that meant I spent Wednesday night throwing up by myself. Sad. I must say, though, that the boys were excellent while I was lying on the couch all day feeling like I was going to die. They played really well together, and on their own. Now that Deacon is getting bigger and more vocal and is just funny, Zeke is really starting to enjoy him. Zeke will bring Deacon toys, not as often as he takes toys from Deacon, but to be fair, Deacon's pretty good at swiping toys from Zeke too. Zeke also tries to feed Deacon occasionally, and they just have good times sitting there laughing and screaming at each other. Here is a little video demonstrating a bit of their amusing each other. And I promise you that when the video cuts out Zeke is not about to slap Deacon in the head, he actually reached up and patted Deacon on the head, another thing Zeke does on a daily basis. They really are sweet boys!

3 comments:

Nicole Humphrey said...

There ar few things that are sweeter to me than to se my kids love one another....sweet!

summer said...

that's just precious. i love it when our boys laugh and play together!

Anonymous said...

Awww, what good boys! Such lovin' sharing-heads they are.

So I guess the whole throwing up business is why you were not on the computer Thursday morning, huh? :-( I'm sorry you were feeling yucky and that Josh had to be away. I would have come over if we lived on the same continent. I'm glad the boys were good, though. Not that I expected any less from them. :-)

I hope you're feeling better now.

xx
Linda