24 April 2008

Aww, Gee, You Guys

Thank you all for the prayers, comments and words of encouragement after my last post. You guys (ladies, sorry) really know how to make a girl feel loved. And I assure you, I am doing fine. I do not think Zeke is autistic. We're just going to do the screening to definitely rule it out. I really do think he is perfectly fine and will start talking on his own time line. Zeke is a boy who DEFINITELY dances to the beat of his very own drummer. I did put you guys out there as a praise during "prayer request time" at PWOC, and I almost cried when I was telling my class how awesome you all are. I miss you all terribly, and I love you all more than I could ever say.



And moving on...Deacon's fourth tooth broke through today. It still has a way to go, but it's there, it's through, it's making him cranky. Which is so hard to believe of my sweet boy, but man, can he be a crankpot. It's actually kind of funny since he'll look at me and smile real big, then just start whining...with the smile still on his face! He slays me. He really, really does.


In other news, Josh has been kidnapped by the brigade commander. The coloniel (did I spell that right?) has taken all of the commanders and first seargents (did I spell that one right? stinkin weirdly spelled military words) to an unknown destination for an unknown amount of time. He gave them all a specific packing list and told them to be on post by one a.m. today and that they won't be back until Friday, once their mission, whatever it may be is complete. Josh is irritated because he doesn't like not knowing how long he's going to have to endure something for (like our time in Germany), and I'm left wondering, "If all the officers and 1SG's are gone, who's running the base?" Josh assured me all of the platoon seargents can handle it. I said, "I hope." It'll be interesting to hear all about it whenever he returns tomorrow. Until then, I'm here, with my boys, and the rain. Stinkin rain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh has been kidnapped? I'm calling Jack Bauer RIGHT NOW.

Linda

Niki said...

We miss you too!!! I'm in desperate need of a knitting/food fest/kiddie play date/gab session! I always had such a great time knitting with you! :-)

Embrace the Circus said...

I miss you! Why is the world so spread out, Beth? We all need to be nearer...