18 June 2015

I Have No Real Title For This One

In case you haven't noticed, I've been pretty bad about blogging the past year and a half to two years. Once Zeke and Deacon started going to school full time, our days have pretty much been variations of the same thing - and that's not really anything worth writing about. I've also been super lazy about dealing with my pictures, so that has also hindered any blog-worthy writing. All of this is to say that over the past few weeks I have been working on it. I have been labeling and sorting and flickr'ing pictures. I have also been back blogging post meaning I've been writing posts and back dating them for when they should have been written based on what pictures I have from when. It's...been a process.

I am happy to say that as of right now though, I have labeled and sorted all of my pictures to date. June isn't finished because, well, June itself isn't finished. But everything up through May of 2014 is finished! Not only that, but I have put on flickr all of my pictures through 2014! I have also finished back-blogging through May of 2014! I'm using exclamation points because I'm trying to keep myself excited about my progress so I'll keep working on this while I have momentum going! I really want to get it all finished before we move next month. Did I mention anywhere that we're moving next month? Mayhaps I should tweet that later?

While I've been going through past things, I've noticed a few things that I thought I'd share here while I'm just rambling anyway.

One: I never did a picture comparison of the 3 boys when Finn turned 5. So, here it is.
Zeke (41 1/2 pounds, 44 inches)


Deacon (46 pounds; 43 1/2 inches)


Finn (46 pounds; 44 1/2 inches)


Two: Deacon has gown (aged?) quite a bit in the last year. I came across this picture from last Easter and just look at that sweet "baby" face!


Look at his handsome, not-so-baby face now!


He changed that much in ONE YEAR! What?!?!

Three: I have taken WAY less pictures the past 6 months or so than I ever have. for February of 2015, I have 16 pictures. February of 2013, I have 70 pictures. March 2015 - 12 pictures. TWELVE! March 2014 - 82. One more example, April 2015 - 24 pictures. April 2013? 134! Take into consideration how much easier it is to take pictures these days since I can take them on my phone instead of lugging around my big old camera, and it's really quite the...thing, for lack of a better word.

Anyhoo. It's been fun, and tiring at the same time. I have done rather a large bit of work, yet I still have a large bit to go. Which is my way of saying I'd better get back at it before I have to get the boys from school. I've also been knitting and crocheting a BUNCH of stuff. Maybe I'll write a post about that some time soon? 

No comments: