08 June 2015

He Totally Nailed It!

Finn has been taking dance lessons (or "agility training" as Josh calls it) since December. Yesterday was the big recital. I had no idea how it was going to go since he did this:


during the entire rehearsal Wednesday afternoon. Oh yeah. No amount of bribery would convince him to dance - he said no to both McDonalds AND Dunkin Donuts. That's some serious stage fright!

Day of, I had no idea what to expect. I promised Finn we'd get "special ice cream" if he danced, Finn promised he'd dance. We showed up, realized we forgot the tickets, I dropped Finn off while Josh took care of the ticket situation by getting this note:


After everything was taken care of, the 5 of us (Josh's mom came!) found some seats and waited for the magic to happen. And magical it was. The whole show was REALLY well done. However, my favorite part was this:



He totally nailed it! I am so proud of my boy! After their number the kids had to wait in one of the classrooms until the finale, which is when they were released to their parents. As I pulled Finn down from the stage, telling him what a great job he did, his first words to me were, "NOW we can get special ice cream?" Yes sweet boy, now we can get special ice cream.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: