30 June 2014

Sweet Seven

Deacon turned 7 this week. Seven, you guys. How? What? Why? MY BAY-BAY!!

The Saturday before his birthday, we had the family gathering. This year our "family" included our neighbors, the Aguirre family, and our good friends the Davis family. It was a lot of fun.


Even MORE fun was Deacon's special birthday gift from Pappy...


a TURTLE!!

I'm sure there will be more about him later, so I'll leave it at that for now. 

On Deacon's actual birthday we switched things up and had cinnamon rolls in lieu of cake:


I didn't have time to wrap his present that I bought that morning, so we gave it to him like this:



I told you guys awhile back we were a little ghetto. I wasn't joking.

Happy birthday Sweet Dee Dee! You are such a fun guy and you bring so much laughter and joy into our lives. I can't wait to see what happens next. I love you!

**Edited 7 July: Deacon had his check up today and he is 56 1/2 pounds heavy and 49 inches tall. That's 65% and 90% respectively.

No comments: