13 August 2013

So, Back in April...Part 1

So, back in April, Josh and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary.  I know! I can hardly believe it's been 10 years - feels more like 30 or so.  Just kidding! I love you, babe.
 
To celebrate our anniversary, Josh took me into New York City.  He hired a car to drive us in (because I get terrible motion sickness on anything other than a car, and I'm only good in cars if I'm driving or in the passenger seat) to our hotel, The New York Marriott Marquis (swanky!).
 
 
After we checked in and what's it, we walked around the city for a bit. We did some shopping, stopping at the Lego store (of course), got some lunch and enjoyed the afternoon.

 
For dinner we ate at the hotel's rooftop rotating restaurant, and that was pretty cool. After dinner Josh had tickets for us to see The Lion King. It was pretty cool as well.  The play was essentially the Disney movie almost word for word, with some extra bits and songs thrown in for length I guess, but the way they did some of the bigger animals was really neat. I'm also very interesting in backdrops and scene changes on stages, and that was probably the best part of the whole thing.  Whoever figured it all out for this play is a genius.  It was really fun to watch.
 
Then it was off to bed, then up at gone in the morning. A wonderful weekend spent with my wonderful husband (my mom and stepdad came and stayed with the boys). I love you, Josh, and I am looking forward to the next 10 years, and then the 10 after that, and the 10 after that, and so forth and so on.

No comments: