26 June 2013

A Sweet Happy Birthday to a Sweet Happy Boy

Deacon turned 6 today.  SIX! I can hardly stand it.  My sweet boy just keeps getting older and bigger. I guess most kids tend to do that, huh? To celebrate Deacon's birthday we didn't do too much out of the ordinary really.
 
Last night my dad and Karen came over for dinner and we sang and had cupcakes and opened presents. We had a lot of fun and it was nice seeing my dad as today is his birthday too.
 
Today started with Deacon and Zeke putting together (again) the puzzle Deacon got last night.  Then we had some breakfast then he put together the Lego Hero Factory guy he got last night. Then it was off to the playground because someone - either me or Deacon - was going to lose their mind if we didn't get outside and burn up some energy. After the playground we came home, watched a VeggieTale of Deacon's choice then went over to Ryan's house to swim and hang out for a little bit.
 

When we got to Ryan's, Grace (of the tiger story) came out of her house with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries she had made for Deacon for his birthday.  I'm telling you, the smiles on both of their faces in that moment were so. stinkin. cute I almost couldn't stand it.  I'm sort of sad now I didn't take pictures or video or something.
 
But after Ryan's we went home from some lunch and some naps. When Deacon got up from his nap he wanted to open his present from us and so he did - another Lego Hero Factory guy, which he then immediately put together.
 
 
He's such a sweet boy that he let Zeke help him put together both of his new birthday guys.  They alternated steps and it was hilarious and sweet listening to them work together.  Had it been my birthday I'm pretty sure I would've been all, "You need to back up off me cuz this is my day and my gift and I'm doing it myself." Clearly I need to work on being more graceful.
 
Anyhoo...as soon as this guy was put together it was off to pick up Deacon's special birthday dinner: McDonald's.  Oh yeah. It's actually been quite awhile since we've had any McDs so it was kind of a nice treat. On our way home from McDs we stopped back at Ryan's for a second because she was so sweet and made some dirt cake for Deacon for his birthday today.  He was so excited by it, as you can clearly see in my favorite picture from the day:
 
 
It was really good too. Remember that pot that his serving of cake is in. If things go like I plan tomorrow, you'll be seeing it again.
 
And that was my sweet boy's sweet birthday.  Happy birthday Deacon! We love you and are so proud of you.

No comments: