01 March 2013

Whoa, March! Where Did You Come From?

How is it March already?  I feel like it was February only yesterday.  Har har.  Seriously though, 2013 is flying by at breakneck speeds and I am getting whiplash.  And we really aren't doing much.  Josh has been working and lego-ing and traveling (a little), I've been Bible studying and knitting and taking care of the kids and house (sort of on the house), the older boys have been schooling and playing and growing like stinkin weeds (Deacon grew  almost 1/2 inch over the last 10 days alone) and Finn has been going everywhere with me, playing and growing quite a bit himself (hence the new bed I posted about...whenever that was).
 
Even looking back through my pictures, there isn't much to go on.  There were a few things though, so I'll highlight them now so I can hopefully start March afresh and try to blog a little more consistenly from now on (I'll aim for at least once a week, if not 2 or 3 times).
 
WAY back in January, after Zeke turned 7, I took him to the doctor for his yearly check up.  My sweet boy weighed in at 52 pounds (about 70%ish for his age) and measured 50 inches tall (pretty close to 95% for his age).  That's right, my 7 year old is 4 feet 2 inches tall.  Well, he was 4'2".  He's grown a little since then.
 
 
Let's see...Zeke's birthday...oh, then my birthday.  Not too much to report there.  Then my stepdad's birthday where we all went out to dinner.
 
 
According to my pictures, that's it for January.
 
February started with a fair amount of snow, which resulted in fun times for ALL of my boys.
 
Snow playing in New Jersey is WAY better than snow playing in Alaska, as it's like 25 or degrees warmer here, so the boys can stay out longer and enjoy it more.  Even Finn went out this time around and had a great time.  The hot chocolate afterwards was probably my favorite part though.
 
 
Then there was Valentine's Day and the boys had a great time there.  My 2 "issues" with this holiday are: 1. Why do valentines come in every incriment of 4 except 20 - you know, the number I needed?  I seriously found boxes with 4, 8, 16, 24 and 32, with 16 and 32 being the most common.  Why? 2. When did everyone decide that just sending valentines by themselves was no longer enough? When did it become the thing to add candy or pencils or tatoos or something to the valentine?  Thankfully Zeke's teacher said "NO CANDY", but Deacon's didn't, and that's ALL he had attached to his cards from his classmates.  Sigh.  But the boys had a great day, Josh got me beautiful red roses, and it was a nice day.

 
 
Valentine's Day was followed closely by Josh's dad's birthday. Josh's parents came up for the day, and the boys had a super good time celebrating with PopPop.
 
 
Then there were the things I already blogged about: the boys' haircuts and Finn's new bed (both linked to above) and that brings us up to date.  I think.  Yep, I'm pretty sure that's it.  So, thanks for bearing with me as I took March's motto to heart "in like a lion, out like a lamb".  Well, the "in like a lion" party anway, as this is a lion of post.  Which I'm ending...now!

No comments: