11 August 2008

Sleeping Beauties



We made it. We have arrived in New Jersey and I fear the state may never be the same again. I jest. We made it in once piece (or four separate yet whole pieces, whatever), and while it was a long day, it went really well. The best part of the day was probably the first hour of the second flight when BOTH boys and I slept! Granted, we had all been up since 4:30am and none of us really slept that well the night before (more on that later), but it was glorious all the same. And in case you don't believe me, here are the pictures to prove it...




The first flight I got a touch of the motion sickness. And by touch I mean I was rendered practically useless, was thankful the bathroom was right next to my seat, and thankful that I was the only one who used the bathroom during the hour+ flight. But I made it, and my color changed from green to a more natural color as we sped walked from one end of the airport to the other to catch our second flight (the one pictured above). The boys were fabulous. Obviously there were mini melt downs, but they were few and far between and short lasting. And Deacon would just smile at everyone and make them fall in love with him, so I don't think too many people really minded.

Then there was the last part of the second flight. The boys still did really well, but there was a storm over the airport we were landing in so they had us circle around about a half hour out until the storm passed the airport, which took about a half hour. Then, when we got there, there was a line of planes now waiting to land, so we had to wait our turn there, another twenty minutes or so. It might not have been so bad, but they made us strap the boys in, and that they objected to for such a long amount of time. But, like I said, we made it and we're here and it all went well. And since it's getting late, and I'm getting tired, I'm going to get going. More news on TSW (Tropical Storm Walter) as it occurs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys are in NJ! Just wanted to let you know that we sent you an evite, so if you haven't gotten it it may be in spam. We figured if you guys wanted to visit with Peavey the piglet as he's been named :) and all that would be the best time anyway. Hope to see you soon!
Elyse & Eric