18 August 2008

Our Time in New Jersey - Week 1 Recap


I can't believe it's only been a week since we got here. We have been so busy and have done so many things that it really feels like it's been longer. We are having a great time though, and the boys have been wonderful and friendly and really seem to be enjoying everyone they meet and see. Here's a little recap of what we've been doing so far...

Sunday we flew to NJ. To see how that went, you can read the post before this one. We spent the first few days with Josh's parents. His mom made a delicious ham dinner for our first night there, and after dinner we pretty much put the boys to bed, and I don't think I was too far behind them.


On Monday, I bought the boys new car seats since Zeke's broke beyond repair (it was missing a piece coming out of the baggage claim conveyor belt) during the flight to NJ, and Deacon was still using his infant seat carrier. So I figured it was time for Deacon to get a new one while I was out buying one for Zeke.

Tuesday morning we packed up the boys and took them to the beach! It was great. We drove down to Long Beach Island to visit the mission there I used to serve on. It was so much fun watching the program from the outside. What was even more fun was watching the boys play in the ocean for the first time. The timing really worked out perfectly because it was low tide, and so that made almost like a kiddie pool in the ocean for them to play in. I took Zeke a little further out so he could play in some tiny waves - which he loved. He especially liked it when they would knock him over. After we "swam" for a little bit, we left the beach (to much protesting by the wee ones) and went back to the team house for lunch (where the team members of the beach mission live and eat and plan and such). That was a lot of fun and it was really great seeing so many friends again.


Wednesday we drove up to my mom's for a week. My sister Katherine had her last night of work at the movie theater in the mall nearby, so she got us free tickets to go see Batman. What an awesome movie!

Thursday, Josh's cousin, Evan, came for a little visit, which was great. He and Josh went for a walk and spent some time catching up while the boys and I played in the backyard. That evening we went to have some Chinese food with my step-mom and brother. I tell you what, no one does Chinese food like New Jersey.


Friday I had lunch with my best friend from college, Karina, while Josh drove down to Stockton to pick up my sister from college (she had to go down for two days for cross country). After the boys woke up from their afternoon naps, we packed them up and headed to the local 4H Fair. Zeke had a great time seeing all of the animals and playing in all of the puddles that formed as it POURED down on us. We managed to make our way to the food tent for most of the storm. This made most of us happy. But as soon as it cleared, we headed for the cars and headed for home.

Saturday we drove two hours into Pennsylvania to my cousin's house for a family party. It was a nice day, and it was good to see most of my aunts and cousins and my Grammie. The boys had fun playing with all the other kids, even if they didn't have fun when "the adults" tried to get a picture of Grammie with her great-grandkids.


So, as you can see, a busy week, but a good week. Stay tuned to see comes next!

No comments: