22 July 2008

Pray For Us

Well, tomorrow's the big day. Tomorrow we wake up bright and early (since we're in Germany still it will be bright when we rise at five a.m. or so), pack up the rental car with all our goodies and ourselves, and make our way to the airport. Then comes the flight. The incredibly long flight. The ten hour flight. The ten hour flight where our energy balls will have to be confined and controlled in a little bit of space. The ten hour flight that precedes a two hour layover in Dallas, which is followed by a one hour flight. I'm trying really hard not to stress out over it all, but from every way I look at it, it's going to be a LONG day tomorrow and we will definitely be needing your prayers. Tempers will be short, meltdowns will occur (and I'm not just talking about the kids here), and we will all be overtired starting the day. But, once it's over, it's over. We will land in Oklahoma, probably have some dinner, then go to the hotel we have reservations at there and fall right asleep. Let's hope the boys sleep through the night too. Let's hope they don't wake up at 1a.m. thinking it's really 7a.m. and want to get up, eat and play. Let's pray for that too. Having said all that, I guess I should go since I should probably be packing or throwing things away that we brought to the hotel with us, but aren't bringing to Oklahoma with us. But really, both boys are actually sleeping, and I am enjoying the quiet and the peace for as long as I can. Hopefully we will have all our utilities and things set up in our new house by the weekend, and I can blog again then about the flight and our house and all that fun stuff. Until then, here we are, one big happy family. Tchuess!

6 comments:

Niki said...

Good luck on the flight!!! I'll be praying for you! Jack slept for 45 minutes on our last flight and Tom and I were sitting 5 rows apart...that was fun! Stay strong and remember to just laugh it off and most importantly...you don't know those people on the flight and will NEVER see them again! Hope it goes smoothly!!! :-)

Sara said...

Praying for you and thinking of you all day tomorrow! Like Niki said... NEVER see them again!
God Bless you!

Sara said...

ps - Lily thinks Deacon is hot! ;)

Paula said...

Oh Beth, I'm praying for you now - you are likely on your way!

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I will be praying too!!! Just think, when you are on the plane you don't have in your head how you have to make the same flight in 2-3 weeks again :)