17 July 2008

And Here We Are



Okay, so Tuesday morning, I wake up at 7:00, my usual, TEN minutes before the first set of movers showed up for our unaccompanied baggage. AAAHHH! So, I snatched up Deacon, grabbed the box of toys we set aside to bring to the Bradley with us, and we hid in Zeke's room while the movers did their thing. Which, really only took about 45 minutes. During breakfast, as we sat there waiting for the next set of movers Josh realized that Tuesday was only unaccompanied and that our army furniture, our appliances, AND our household goods (in other words EVERYTHING) were being picked up on Wednesday. He had originally thought appliances and army furniture were being picked up Tuesday so household goods we be the only ones there Wednesday. So, we were done by 8:00 Tuesday morning.

Then Wednesday came. 7:00 I'm lying in bed not wanting to get up because it's warm and comfy and happy there, when Josh walking in holding Deacon and says, "Honey, I need you to get up because I think the movers are here." WHAT?!? Have these guys never heard of sleeping until a decent hour? SO, I got up, got dressed, grabbed Deacon and the toys and hid in Zeke's room until my starvation took over and I had to have breakfast. And wouldn't you know it, as close to 8:00 as you can get without it actually being 8:00 the guys come to take the army furniture. So now there are boxes and wrapping materials and movers all over the place. So, I called Elizabeth.



We had arranged the night before for Elizabeth to come over and help with the boys so I could help with the boys and the move. She was supposed to come around 10:30 because, well, I thought for sure they wouldn't ALL be there that early. So she graciously came over two hours early and hung out with the boys while I moved stuff from the house to the car so it wouldn't get "accidentally" packed. I also got Deacon to nap for an hour. YES! After waking the wee one, we packed up the boys and rented a car (Elizabeth held Deacon and watched Zeke while he played with some dirt and rocks while I did all the rental stuff), moved the stuff into the Bradley (Elizabeth sat in the car with the boys while I made three trips back and forth), and we bought lunch for us and the movers. Then we picked up Sara (Elizabeth's roomate and another friend of ours), and we all had lunch. Then the girls left, I packed up the boys and brought them back to the Bradley Inn for naps.

Which didn't really happen. I put them both in the same room (as you can see by the pictures spread throughout this post there are only two rooms), but since Deacon was in the hotel's crib instead of his own pack-n-play, he cried the. entire. time. Which, of course, meant that Zeke was awake the. entire. time. After an hour and a half of Deacon crying I got him out so Zeke could get SOME sleep. This also meant I didn't get to rest at all, which I was really hoping to do since I didn't sleep well the night before. So, now we're all cranky.



But then, my sanity savers came to the rescue again. That's what I'm calling Elizabeth and Sara from now on. My sanity savers. Because seriously, Deacon almost got packed up and mailed to Oklahoma. And Zeke would have been right behind him. But not only did Elizabeth spend all morning with us and help me with all those errands that would have been a kagillion times harder if it was just me and the boys, BUT, BUT these fabulous girls made and brought us dinner last night. Even more than that, they stayed and fed the boys dinner so I could go and get Josh once the movers were finished and take him to pick up our rental car. Talk about amazing. I am so touched by their help and generosity. I can't even begin to imagine how to thank them, but rest assured, once we're settled in Oklahoma, I will. And the pictures I've posted here are of the bag the girls brought us dinner in. They really are too sweet. But moving on...

Sleeping last night went pretty well with only one freak out by Deacon. But he got over it relatively quickly (he's back in his beloved p&p) and we all got a decent night's sleep. Today is going better too. Naps are going on. I don't know that either one of them is asleep yet, but I think they will be soon. We have internet in our room, so I should be able to email as regularly as I usually do (which is rarely), and blog as things happen. I am also putting pictures of our hotel room and stuff up on Flickr if you're interested in checking them out. Good times, good times.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam is crying for you right now. He feels your pain over moving and early arrivals of movers and having to stay in small rooms and rental cars. He is wailing out in empathy for you. Or, you know, just because he wants to. One or the other...

I'm so glad you have Elizabeth and Sara. Yay for them! Hey, since you have the net, will you be on WoW? I am having serious you withdrawl....

xo
Linda

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for good friends:) I'm hoping it all goes smoothly for you!