10 March 2015

It's Almost Time!

About 10 years ago or so, I started reading this blog called Go Fug Yourself, where two women, Heather and Jessica, write about what celebrities wear out and about. They're super snarky and it's fun to read. In 2008 they started doing Fug Madness, a sort of "who was the worst dressed celebrity this past year" competition that lines up with the basketball March Madness competition. (You can click here to read all about what Fug Madness is and how it all works and what's it if you're interested.)

I started playing along at home, printing and filling out brackets, voting, keeping score and all that jazz. After a year or two I started making Josh "play" with me - because it's more fun that way. Then, two years ago, Josh was filling out his brackets at work when 2 women in his office say him, asked him about it and decided to play along as well.

Last year's Fug Madness it all came together though. Josh, the 2 women from his office, one of my sisters, Josh's sister, and me all played and took it to another level. First, there was a $10 buy-in last year. All of the money collected was donated to World Vision. We supplied books, uniforms and shoes to children in India. Last year we also introduced The Trophy:

It reads:
Fug Madness
Reigning Champion

Isn't it glorious? Here's how it works. Everyone turns in their brackets (and money) to me, once they're filled out. I then keep score throughout the tournament and email everyone at the end of each round what the current standings are (then sit back and enjoy the smack talking that follows). At the end of the competition, a new winner is "crowned" and The Trophy is handed over to the victor. Last year, our first winner was Sylvia from Josh's office!


Isn't she adorable?! This year the brackets should be up on Friday and I'm so excited. Hence this post that most of you probably won't care about - at least not as much as I care. And that's okay. However, if you DO care and you want to play this year, let me know. We'd love to have you along for this crazy ride!

No comments: