22 April 2013

Whew!

Again, I'm sorry I've been neglecting the blog here.  It's not that we haven't been doing things worth "documenting" here (we have!) but I was closing in on finishing a specific knitting project and so the past few weeks I really threw myself into and spent most of my "free time" working on that rather than on anything else (including cleaning my house).  Now that it's finished and gifted and I've had a little time to recouperate (sometimes knitting takes a lot out of you), I am here to show you what I made, and to recap what we've been doing this month and the last week of last month (spring break woot!).
 
Now, without further adieu, I present to you, the super sweet lion sweater I made for my girlfriend Ryan's newest little boy, Logan, who was born in October:
 
 
Doesn't it just make you want to squee?! Check out the back (it says ROAR!):


This sweater took me a good amount of time to complete.  I learned some new stitches and methods, of which one really impressed me and I would be more than happy to use again.  Otherwise, it was a little rough going with the lion, so I probably won't be making this again.  Ever.  But I'm really happy I did do it in the first place, and it looks super sweet (if a little big) on him:
 
 
(For reference, here's the sweater on Finn who will be 3 in 2 weeks):
 
 
That just means Logan will get to wear it for another winter or so, and get lots of use out of it.  And now that it's finished, it's time to move on to my project for myself that I put aside to make this, as well as some teacher gifts!

No comments: