22 June 2009

As Promised

If you remember, I ended my last post with a promise of tales from our trip to the Renaissance Faire last weekend. Never having been to one, or at least not remembering having ever been to one, I didn't have any sort of expectations. Josh, on the other hand, was a little disappointed. We still had a good time though.

We parked, we walked, we paid to get in, then walked around the one side of the fair. At the end of the grounds was a pony ride/petting zoo set-up. Thinking it would be great fun to put Zeke on a horse (or at the very least let him pet a pig) I paid the lady the money and this was what immediately followed...
Notice the red eyes? Yeah, he cried and wanted nothing to do with the horse. Sigh. With assurances that I would get back the money for the pony ride if it didn't work out later on, we moved on to the petting zoo. I guess petting farm would be a better term since there were sheep, goats, pigs, and cows to pet, and then ducks to chase around. Clearly, Zeke had a much better time with this...Notice the big, goofy smile? Zeke had such a good time being in there with the animals. He walked around and around and would pet one as it walked past him. He called everything by the wrong name repeatedly, then showed off by getting them all right repeatedly. Silly boy.


As we spent time petting the farm animals, I would point out other kids on the horses as they circled around the area outside the petting farm. Zeke would humor me and look over, then turn back to the pigs and sheep and ducks, seemingly not interested. When I was well past bored (I tried to stay for an amount of time that would seem to make it worth the money we paid) I told Zeke it was time to go and asked him if he would like to get on the horse now? Boy were we all surprised when he climbed right up the steps and tried to hop on by himself.
Look at him go! It was very exciting. Of course, he tried so hard to be cool about the whole thing. As we were going around (and his helmet kept sliding over the left side of his face), I asked him if he was having fun, and he just looked ahead trying his absolute hardest not to smile. It was precious. And in case you're wondering, this is what sweet Deacon did while all of this animal shenaniganary was going on (and yes, I did just say shenaniganary as if it were a real word)...Isn't he the cutest? And here is what Deacon did the rest of the time we were at the faire...

Isn't he fabulous? After Zeke got off the horse, we walked around the rest of the place looking for dinner and eating what we found along the way. As we were finishing up our food, it started to rain a little so we took that as our cue to leave. All in all, a good time.




Now, if you have a weak stomach, or aren't at all interested in this next part, I am finally going to post the pictures of my wisdom teeth that I promised to post way back whenever I said I would (most likely the beginning of May sometime). So, if you want to see them, keep reading. If you don't want to see them, then I bid you adieu.





Okay, those of you still with me, here are my teeth...



Mmmm...aren't they lovely? Notice the giant hole in the one? Yeah, I had good times picking solid chunks of food out of that one. Apparently my wisdom teeth (I think all my teeth acutally) are a bit longer than other people's wisdom teeth normally are. They are also a bit more "hooky" at the bottom then they're "supposed to be". So there you have it. I think I am all caught up on promises now. Now to just get better at blogging a little more often again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Those boys of yours are adorable!