29 May 2009

This Is Why I Love Joni Starling

Well, this is one of the many reason, anway.

Two days ago I said to Josh, "Babe, did we leave our checking account book on the Starling's bookshelf? I wrote a check for the yard people there for Joni to give to the lady, and I haven't seen the book since." Josh looked for the check book where he thought it was, didn't find it there, pretty much said he had no idea, and the conversation was dropped.

Yesterday I walked down to the mailbox to see if there was anything in there, and what did I find, but a package from Joni! (Or, Jomi, as she is more affectionately called here.) I opened the package on my way back to our house and practically fell down in the middle of the street from laughter. For inside the package was the answer to the question I had posed to Josh the night before:


In case you can't read it from the picture, the letter says:
Dear Josh & Beth,
We found this on our bookshelf after you left and thought you might like it back. If you find that a few checks are unaccounted for and a bit of cash is gone from your checking account, blame Sammie and Reese. They have recently taken up online shopping and they don't have credit cards yet.
Josh got quite a kick out of it too. The best part though, she wrapped our checkbook before sending it back to us:

Honestly, who does that? Joni does that, that's who. And that is why I love Joni Starling.

PS - Joni, when you get all settled in, in Cali, call me!

3 comments:

Ells said...

adorable. and super sweet!!!

Where are you going in CA, Joni??

Anonymous said...

And this is why Joni is super-awesome!

xo
Lin

JStar said...

I'm famous! Not only did I make your blog again, but I'm in the blog post TITLE! Yeeeesssss!

Glad you got your checkbook back! Sorry it took so long for me to send it to you. I kept rediscovering it on the bookshelf and then meaning to mail it to you and then never doing it. Sorry! And I wrapped it up to try to disguise the fact that it was a checkbook in case anyone wanted to break into your envelope and steal it.

Glad you enjoyed getting it back!

And for Ells, we are going to Monterey!