08 September 2008

Our Time In New Jersey - Week 3 Recap (Finally)

Ahhh...the final week of our crazy trip to New Jersey. Things did slow down a little bit this last week, but not by much, as you will see. While it was a crazy trip, it was a good trip. It was so great seeing as much of our family and friends as we could. And if we didn't get to see you, we apologize, but there's really only so much we could do. As it's over now, we look back with fond memories, as we look forward to the next few months here in Oklahoma. But here's a look at that last week (I almost feel like I should have a video montage here instead of words and pictures).


Sunday we went to church with Josh's family. Afterwards, we had Chinese food for lunch, then Linda, Jeff and Sam left to go back home. That evening, after leftovers for dinner, we loaded up the boys and went to the beach with Josh's parents. It was a beautiful nice and the water wasn't too chilly. But it was windy. So windy that it made everything else seem cold, so not much swimming occured. Josh's dad did make a nice little town in the sand (he's very serious about his sand castles and things, but he's very good at them).


Monday we went and visited my dad and Karen and Bobby, at their house in Brick. It is a very nice house and it's right on the lagoon. While the boys napped, we swam in there, and made videos and had a diving competition. While the boys were awake, we swam in the little pool they had there, fed the ducks (well, Zeke fed the ducks, Deacon ate all the bread we handed him to feed the ducks with), and ate some delicious dinner. Oh, and we played Rock Band on their Wii. I think we all slept pretty well that night.


Tuesday we just sort of laid low. We ran some errands, but mostly just sat around the house having one day of rest.


Wednesday we drove back up to my mom's for the rest of our time in NJ. We did some more shopping for the wedding (see Friday). After dinner, my Uncle Ernie and his family came over to visit with us for a little bit. After they left and we put the boys to bed, our friends Dave and Anthony came over to hang out. It was great seeing everyone that day.


On Thursday, we took the boys to the shoe store so Josh and I could get shoes for the wedding we were going to Friday. My grandmother and her boyfriend came over for dinner, and so that was our evening.


Friday was my cousin Stacey's wedding. It was a great time. The wedding was about a half hour away so we drove up there with the boys for the wedding, then drove back to my mom's to leave the boys with her, then drove back up for the reception (and drove back to my mom's when it was all over). But Stacey looked beautiful, just like a princess, and the whole affair was fabulous. We had a great time that night, and it was great seeing that side of the family again.


Saturday was picnic day. Josh started the day off by going to Katherine's first Cross Country meet of the season. After his return we hit the road. Our friends, Eric and Elyse (who have Peavey) had a housewarming BBQ, which we attended for a little bit. I'll admit it, I mostly went to see my cat, as I miss him more than I want to admit...stinkin cat. But it was great seeing Eric and Elyse and their cute house. Afterwards we went back to my mom's for a picnic there. My other grandmother came up and Josh's cousin Evan and his wife Aubrey came, and so did our friends Jonny and Rosa and their foster son, Micah. Oh, and Holly showed up later. It was a lot of fun being able to just hang out and relax with these friends before leaving the next day. I did eventually have to kick out Evan, Aubrey, and Holly, but it was out of love and self-preservation.


Sunday we went to church with my mom, then it was off to the airport and back to Oklahoma. Whew! Since then it's been go, go, go. But that's another post for another day. Oh, and I am going to be putting up our pictures from this trip (for those of you who are interested) by category/topic/event/whatever, but I'll make sure I link each set here as I put them up so that you'll know when new pics are there. To start the process, I put up all pictures of us at the beach. (If you click on the word beach it should bring you to the pictures.) I hope you enjoy them!

No comments: