03 January 2008

Happy Birthday Zeke!


I can't believe he's two years old. My sweet baby is no longer a sweet baby. He is now a little boy. Don't worry, he's still sweet though. We had a nice little day here. Josh and I set up Zeke's birthday present from us last night (a little zoo with an animal for every letter of the alphabet) so that it would be out when he woke up in the morning.



The rest of the day went like normal. For dinner, though, we had Zeke's favorites - chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese. Yummy! Then, when Deacon got up from his nap, we presented Zeke with his birthday cupcake, which he destroyed. The evening was topped off with a bath and a VeggieTale.



Of course, Zeke has no idea what "birthday" means. To Zeke it was just another day, only difference is he got a new toy in the beginning of the day and cake at the end of the day. But what a great day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my big sweet boy! I celebrated by telling everyone at work about you today. They told me I think I am the only person in the history of the world to ever have a cute nephew! Can you believe them? I love you and I miss you.

xox

Childress Family said...

Happy Birthday, Zeke! Good luck keeping all those animals under control.

Embrace the Circus said...

What a cute boy you are, Zeke. We hope two is a terrific year for you! Happy Birthday!

Matt and Heather said...

Happy Birthday Zeke! 2 years! My how time flies.

KToth said...

Wow, 2 years old. Are you sure that doesn't count as a baby still? Because I still call my almost 2-year-old a baby. And I don't know how, but he seems to know what that a birthday is a special day, because he's been singing Happy Birthday to Caleb and asking when his birthday is nonstop for the past week. Kids.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Happy Birthday...that cake looks like it was yummy!

JStar said...

I can't believe he's 2 already! Weren't you just pregnant with him?

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! We went to a 2 year old birthday party here last weekend and I couldn't believe it when I looked on your blog and saw that Zeke got the exact same present. It must be a popular two year old thing.

Amber