02 October 2007

Heave a happy sigh...

So I was driving home from chapel on Sunday, and it was a beautiful fall day. The sun was out (which meant all the rain had stopped), the leaves are changing colors, I had my two boys in the back, Deacon was sleeping, Zeke was reading his book, and I had some Adrew Peterson playing on the CD player. As I started driving through the fields by my house I realized that I am so incredibly blessed. God has given me a wonderful husband, whom I love more than anyone else; two handsome young boys who are incredibly sweet and so good-natured (most of the time anyways); a great apartment with a yard and ample space for all of us, in a beautiful country that just gets even more beautiful in the fall. And I realized that I am truly happy and content with my life. Here and now is exactly where I want to be and I would not change a single thing about my life (except that Josh would be here sharing it with me and not in Iraq - but that will be soon enough). I can't help but sing:
God is so good.
God is so good.
God is so good.
He's so good to me.
Sing along if you know it...

2 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

That is so cool :) I have moments like that too :)

Anonymous said...

Andrew Peterson does that to me too, especially the song "Arizona." Why do you think I kept your CD for so long? :-P

Glad things are going well. Love and miss you.