10 March 2008

Bye, Bye Bebo?

So I've been thinking about it and thinking about it, and I'm just not sure. I signed up for Flickr today to see what I think about it, and I think I'm going to give it a month or so trial before I decide, but I am thinking about giving up on my bebo page and just loading all of my pictures onto Flickr from now on and having that little badge (as it's called) on the left side of my page that you all can click on and see all of my current pictures at. You can even order pictures from there, I think. I just don't know. I'm sort of tired of bebo. I haven't used the blog function since I really started using this one, and I just don't ever want to load pictures onto bebo anymore because it's slow and it takes awhile. With Flickr I can post a picture, give it a title and write a little story or whatever with it. So we'll see. I'll try using Flickr this month and next, and you can let me know whether or not you think it's worth the change. This means that there won't be any pictures put up on bebo for the next two months. I'll make a note of that on my page. I hope you all have wonderful weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something to consider about Flickr: they recently experienced some security problems and photos got stolen. One of the bloggies had her identity stolen and didn't know it until pictures of her kids turned up on a twin toddlers message board under different names. It was scary to go over there and see pictures of Adam and Kate and even Tertia and her husband marked with totally different names. The woman actually stole Tertia's story, changed the names, changed the location and only got found out because she was pretending to be pregnant with twins again.

So. Flickr has addressed the issue and I think that it has been wrapped up. But that incident made me very wary of them. Thought you might want to know about it before you decide to make the jump.

xo
Linda

(Sorry, feel like I have been the bearer of bad news. :-( I know Bebo is a pain. I just don't want to see anything bad happen to you guys.)